Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    For those who order xcarlink: how long did it take to arrive? I'm up to the 2 week mark now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Where did you order your xcarlink from?

sydneyinstallers or the xcarlink uk store?

If you ordered it from sydneyinstallers - I received it in a matter of days.

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by tknova View Post
    Where did you order your xcarlink from?

sydneyinstallers or the xcarlink uk store?

If you ordered it from sydneyinstallers - I received it in a matter of days.
    same here! 3-4 working days
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Yeah I ordered from UK store hoping to save some money and to take advantage of our strong dollar. Still waiting

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro LUX
    hey i found these 2 for my Euro
    http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=3
    but i dont quite understand how it works, as in how i would to install it, it doesnt look like its compatible to the Euro.
    if thats true can someone please help me find one which is?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    I'd suggest reading the rest of this thread for more information on installation.
    To answer your question, yes they are both compatible with our Accord Euros.
    The first reads in from iPod connector and 3.5mm auxiliary input, the second reads USB, SD card and 3.5mm auxiliary input.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Well I finally got the thing in the mail. Installed it and ran into a problem. Plugging in an iPod allows it to charge, however the display on the screen just says "CDC 8-99". The line in works cause I tested that but neither the iPod Video nor the iPod Touch (1G) I tested worked when plugged into the iPod connector. Is there some button I need to press somewhere to get it working?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro LUX
    ok thats great! but where does it connect to exactly, not the cigaret lighter? it says in the installation part that it connects to the back of the CD changer port, but i have no idea where that is, does that mean i will need to open up some compartments to get to it? the installation guide isnt very helpful as it only handles accord euro models from <2002.
    im sorry for all the questions but i want to be sure before i buy

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Vavoom View Post
    Well I finally got the thing in the mail. Installed it and ran into a problem. Plugging in an iPod allows it to charge, however the display on the screen just says "CDC 8-99". The line in works cause I tested that but neither the iPod Video nor the iPod Touch (1G) I tested worked when plugged into the iPod connector. Is there some button I need to press somewhere to get it working?
    I tihnk it has to be in CD-4 mode.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Cycle through with you Ch- Disc buttons

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Yeah I tried pressing every button but nothing worked.
    For some weird reason, when I disassembled everything to recheck the plug, I plugged in my iPod Video and miraculously, it started working. I could press Disc + - and pressing up and down on the steering wheel would change playlists and the number on the radio display would change. It was short lived however and after disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod, the display was stuck on CDC 8-99 again.
    I have no idea what I did right/wrong but I'm thinking I'll just live with it. Don't mind using it for just the 3.5mm input.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    It sounds like you installed it correctly. I wonder if the version of the xcarlink you purchased is compatible with your iPod version. Send an email to xcarlink support.