Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Not sure about what model you have, but I have a CL9. My Xcarlink is non bluetooth or USB (actually didn't pay attention to if it had USB or not, got it for the ipod). I ended up placing mine below the center compartment. The cables that came with it were very long anyway, and there's plenty of space below the center compartment, especially since mine's a manual, all there is really is a gear box shaft. Ran my cables through to glovebox via a small gap between panels. (Originally was going to have them go through top of center compartment lid, but the Ipod cable was too thick so the lid wouldn't go up all the way).

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Thanks for the reply.. From what I read online, u can buy the bluetooth kit separate and connect it to the existing system
    Anyone else running the bluetooth kit and how did u connect it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Bluetooth Kit plugs into the same side as the iPod or usb cable.

I installed mine under the radio, to the right of the middle compartment. Fits nice and snug.

FIRST, I installed the bluetooth under my steering wheel on the underside of the dash, then fed the cables out of both ends. One back into the middle compartment, and the mic up the a-pillar. Really neat install, only the mic is visible.

PS, you can hide the bluetooth unit. You can answer/end calls via the next song button.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Sweet, jst had a look and pretty sure the bluetooth kit will sit well just above the steering wheel
    So from what I understand, you actually didnt install ur kit in the middle compartment, but above it just under the radio (so its actually hidden?) and u ran a usb or aux extension cable?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    There's two units, the XCarLink Unit which handles your usb or ipod is sitting in the behind the middle compartment (hidden). The bluetooth kit plugs into this main unit, and i've installed and hidden the Bluetooth Unit under the steering wheel.

Didnt have to run any extension cables. All cables provided are quite lengthy. Beware when purchasing the ipod option. The connecter is prone to shitting itself (audio out of one side), so be gentle when handling the connector. I bought mine off the dude on ebay. Had a bad experience where he was ignoring my calls about this problem. Finally got him on a private number.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just to add; I've also got a bluetooth kit I installed myself. Also purchased from the guys I got my Xcarlink from (Sydney Installers), but it's the patriot unit with a separate LCD screen and buttons. http://sydneyinstallers.com.au/produ...products_id=32
    I've actually hid the bluetooth unit below the steering column, where my right leg is, near the bonnet release. Found it easier to put it there. Having said that, I have removed the top cover of the centre console (the part right on the centre of the dash) to aid my connecting of wires for the unit, and have found ample room there, enough to place a unit there. So it's really up to you where you want to place it.

I did take a photo but a bad one, you can still kinda see the room available.

just about to buy one of these =)...any1 know if the usb reader kit can read all of a 16gig usb?...i've had problems in the past of head units only reading a portion of the stick.

went to honda about a week ago to get a genuine honda ipod adapter...obsolete part now =(

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Thanks Xiang and Chaosmaster! exactly the answers im looking for, cheers
    Last edited by daKIK; 18-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Guys I need some help

I was installing the xcarlink unit today and all was going great, connected the white adapted to the bottom of the stereo unit as per instructions.
    I came to try it and it wouldnt work. It doesnt seem to be recognised by the stereo system, cause when I press the CD/AUX buttom a second time nothing happens and it stays on CD
    I connected a USB stick and tried again and still the same (the usb would light up when first plugged in and then nothing), the bluetooth headset was also blinking when connected to the xcarlink. Also tried disconnecting and connecting the plug a few times without any success! So im pretty frustrated right now
    Could I have the wrong connection cable? Coz the box says toyota but the tag on the unit says honda :-/
    here's some pics:

Can anyone help or tell me what might be the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Have your tried re-plugging it in? Prob not pushed in all the way.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Have your tried re-plugging it in? Prob not pushed in all the way.
    Yeh man I did a few times..
    Have a look at the pic, it looks like its all the way in

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    So lets say youre in FM mode and you switch to AUX, CD function appears? its supposed to do that..

Have a look at mine, when im in AUX/ipod mode.