Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by one4spl View Post
    You dont need a paint scraper to remove the top of the console (the air vents). The easy way, and the way that wont scratch your car is to put your hands either side of the sunlight sensor at the back of that panel and pull it towards the rear of the car. the whole thing slides back and off pretty easily.

Always check that all the clips are still on any panels you pull out, if not then go looking for them in the dash and put them back. You will get all sorts of rattles otherwise.
    lol i suggested the paint scraper in my DIY... that was until i found an easier way to remover centre cover... i now do it the same way as aaronng... i should update my guide

Can someone please confirm the number of folders this XCarlink USB Adapter supports (http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_i...products_id=67). I've noted some people saying 6, some saying 10, some even 12. I emailed XCarlink and they said it supports 6 on the Euro. So i'm pretty confused. Should i be aware of any revisions or something?

Thanks

Just installed my Xcarlink usb thing. Took 20 mins. Works real well, and somehow mine supports up to 11 folders

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    FOR THOSE INTERESTED:

im going to install my xcarlink this saturday, but im going to do it slightly differently... im going to mount the unit near the stock ecu, and then run a lead from the USB on the xcarlink to a surface mounted USB socket inside the big centre storage compartment that way it doesnt take up any room, and its easily accessable...

now heres the twist
    im also going to run a 5v 1amp voltage regulator thru diodes on the power connections of the USB, that way i can also use the port for charging large usb devices (ie: gps, ipod, mobiles, etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    I installed my xcarlink last week. put the usb adapter thing in my glovebox and then theres a panel on the side or the centre console bay area place that i took off and poked the adapter through an opening and into the plug. lol, yeah very neat and tidy no wires running anywhere. ill post pics if u guys want

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    I installed my xcarlink last week. put the usb adapter thing in my glovebox and then theres a panel on the side or the centre console bay area place that i took off and poked the adapter through an opening and into the plug. lol, yeah very neat and tidy no wires running anywhere. ill post pics if u guys want
    Love to see the pics mate. Sounds like a neat job!

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    sure thing ill take some pics today

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    Love to see the pics mate. Sounds like a neat job!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    spent the last 7 hours trying to install like 6 things into my car lol stillhavent finished, will have to continue tomorrow, but heres a sneak peak at the usb socket for my Xcarlink...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Hey guys,
    Have been reading over heaps of posts and websites about the iPod adaptor for the Euro.
    I'm about to purchase an 05 Euro Tourer non Luxury..Where can I get this installed at?
    I'm not confident enough to do it myself so would like to know where I should get it done at?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    sure thing ill take some pics today
    Thanks heaps mate. Look forward to seeing them.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    spent the last 7 hours trying to install like 6 things into my car lol stillhavent finished, will have to continue tomorrow, but heres a sneak peak at the usb socket for my Xcarlink...

Very niice...

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    ok finally uploaded the photoes.

first pic:
    the x carlink sitting in my glovebox

2nd pic: passenger seat, sidewall on the right. theres a little board that you can take off.

pic 3
    once you take out the centre console area to access the adapter on the back of the oem player you can see a small gap going from the sidewall into that open area behind the console. i poked the cable through that little hole and plugged it in. put everything back in and waaa laahh

luckily the length of the cable for the xcarlink is just long enough for a comfortable fit

hope it helps !