Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    did you cut the hole out when you fibreglassed the whole box with cloth over? if so howd you get it so smooth
    umm i put the cloth on. then drenched it with resin. as the resin is like super glue and sticks the cloth to the wood and everything. then after that was dried, i cut the hole out of the cloth where the speaker ring is with a mini saw.
    then i fibreglassed over the cloth and let to dry.
    then used a saw to trim the excess which was in the ring hole.
    then i body filled the whole thing and sanded it.
    thats why it is smooth

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ah! so you cut it half way in the process of fibreglassing, that'd explain it. cause i was thinking. if this guy cut just fibreglass that neat he must be pro@life. i didnt realise with fibreglassing you have to wait for resin to dry! thx again

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    its funny.. So easy to do.. yet people still pay the big bucks to have this done... i think i kno where u learnt how to do this lol... everyone read that DIY..

good DIY man..
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    ah! so you cut it half way in the process of fibreglassing, that'd explain it. cause i was thinking. if this guy cut just fibreglass that neat he must be pro@life. i didnt realise with fibreglassing you have to wait for resin to dry! thx again
    dont cut the fibreglass while its wet. and yeh u have to wait till resin dries and fibreglass dries.lols. to make life easier, if u wana cut the holes out when everything is dried, drill a hole where the sub hole is and use a jigsaw to cut out the stuff which is in the way of the hole..

Quote Originally Posted by amurray View Post
    its funny.. So easy to do.. yet people still pay the big bucks to have this done... i think i kno where u learnt how to do this lol... everyone read that DIY..

good DIY man..
    sure is easy man. just perfecting it and making it look pro is hard.lols.
    i rekon the big bucks is worth it though, cos mine was <$350 and pros cost up to way more, but tats cos they have heaps more layers and yeh u gotta pay for their labour.lols

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    good work

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    This tread is awesome!!!!! you must of put in loads of work to get this thing together, most impressive. how do i give one of those pq point thingys?
    nevermind, I found it.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    thanks for the comments. wasnt that much work, i suppose. i used alot of electronic tools and did some research on the net. it just costs alot of money compared to my weekly income. LOLS

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amurray View Post

good DIY man..
    when u have this done with big bucks, what you got is calculated box volume, lots more layers of fiberglass and danamate to stop rattle.

but it's a very nice diy man.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    btw its cheaper to buy your fibreglass supplies from a fibreglassing supplier.
    resin, matting, rollers in bulk

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    didnt find any fibreglass suppliers in syd. only in adelaide..lool
    another way to get it cheaper i heard was from marine builders..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    nah there are
    i found several a while back.

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Iced can you post up some places in sydney to get supplies from please.
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/