Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: distorted bass

distorted bass

hey, i just installed an amp and replaced the front speakers. But the front speakers bass sounds really distorted. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem? thanx

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    do you really know how to install system ? coz you might wiring the front left and right speaker out off phase . . .

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    yeah check the polarity of the wires then also set ur gains corretly
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

thanx guys, i just checked the wires, its correctly connected. i played around with the gain, it sounds abit better with the bass now, but the front speakers still sound alot quieter than the rear speakers. \

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Did you install Sound Deadening Mats and Diffusers in the doors and make it as air tight as possible?

It made a massive difference with mine.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    if u want to control the loudness of the speakers to the sub. and make them almost match. u also need to hook a amp up to the speakers then tune it by adjusting all them little tweak nobs..

i was looking into sound proofing aswell. Is there any tutorials or anything to show me the steps to sound proofing the door?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    ii think sound proofing just makes things stop vibrating and rattling.
    i dont think it'll solve the problem with ur distored bass much

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic Sedan
    how's your system wired? Fronts off the head unit or an amp?

Do you have a high pass filter on the fronts too?

BTW, sound deadening makes a marked improvement when done correctly, it's a piece of p1ss to do. Check out your local audio store for some mats. the spray on stuff is ok, but the mats are better. I've used both.

nah i just set it filtering off. i bought the mats, do i hafta cut it up and place them in the door? coz theres a metal guard in the way

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by pgor View Post
    nah i just set it filtering off. i bought the mats, do i hafta cut it up and place them in the door? coz theres a metal guard in the way
    High passing the fronts is the only way to go . Sit the mats in the sun before putting in the doors, it'll allow to mould to the door much easier cos it'll be soft. You generally don't have to cut it up much to fit, cover the holes in the door to make it more like an enclosure and be sure to do around the speaker mount.

Not sure what you mean by the metal guard, i'll be pulling my panels off this weekend to do my car. Can't help you here.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    set the hi pass to around +70-80 hz or jiggawatz or whatever it is called