Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    bit off topic, but this didnt happen to be at wakefield on monday of this week did it? i saw a silver euro running, thats all...
    I wish i was at wakefield... this was a few months ago at Queensland Raceway.

back on topic......

Have you checked to make sure the wheels are on tight?
    Sounds stupid yes but i've been fooled a few times before thinking it was the diff (mainly because i was aldready having issues with it (this was in an mx5)).
    And in the euro i thought it may have been CV's because i had just been to a track day the day before.

these were the first things i thought of too

the car goes to the Honda shop on Monday and they're going to strip it down then let me know what the problem is and the cost of parts and labour

update:

the honda dealer has finally found time to pull my gearbox apart (what a struggle that was)

also some paperwork has been sent to Honda Australia to see what they can do about covering some costs (maybe parts but prob. not labour) cos even though its out of warranty the dealer believes a 4 yr old car with only 43000kms shouldn't have gearbox problems

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    How you go with warranty claim re: fixing up the gearbox?

YAY!!!!
    finally got my car back.the problem was found to be "teeth missing off diff crown wheel and off most gears,also metal fragments throughout gearbox". They ended up replacing the whole gearbox. Honda decided to pay half the cost of gearbox as "good will to customer" ,although i had to pay for labour as well.

total cost to me = $2400

money that i didn't really have

so how much of that is labour and how much is towards the gear box??

that means a brand new gear box is around 3000 - 4000 yeah??

cost price for a gearbox is $2600 so half would be $1300
    plus 11 hours labour @ $100/hr = $2400

try and ask for good will.or try and take out extened warranty

i thought about extended warranty but i came to the conclusion "I've had no dramas in the first three years, everything should be ok "

such is life

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    11 hours? It doesn't take 11 hours to replace a gearbox, unless they charged you for the initial disassembly to determine the cause of the problem. Even so, it won't take 11 hours to remove a gearbox, disassemble the casing and look at the gears.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Type S
    Sounds like he paid for the gearbox after all & Honda Australia just didn't charge for labour.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 2005 VTi Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    11 hours? It doesn't take 11 hours to replace a gearbox, unless they charged you for the initial disassembly to determine the cause of the problem. Even so, it won't take 11 hours to remove a gearbox, disassemble the casing and look at the gears.
    it's like how lawyers charge. I'd bet my next pay packet that 90% of labour charged at dealerships is overstated. If you total num of hours worked for all their mechs, vs what was billed to a customer on a particular day, you'd find latter will definitely be higher.