Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    or get a hood like this.....

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    yeh i've done this too but not that high, jus enough =) its more for looks then anything lol. turning the heater to the max is the best result if ur engine has heating problems, i'd sweat like a b!tch for my engine lol
    ohh herrow im jdm

Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    yeh i've done this too but not that high, jus enough =) its more for looks then anything lol. turning the heater to the max is the best result if ur engine has heating problems, i'd sweat like a b!tch for my engine lol
    I dont think its for looks, cause its not any good looking IMO.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    the results of that can also be done with a spoon thermostat, or no thermostat

Also, if attempting this mod make sure you're using High tensile bolts, not the brass-looking cheaper ones. As said before improper modifications to the bonnet hinges can cause it to spear through the windscreen in a collision. This is especially likely if you do not choose long enough bolts (bolts not screwed in enough), and if you use low quality bolts (bolts shearing under force).
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Despite the aesthetic, safety, legal and insurance issues - have you wondered weather it actually works?

Think about it - The high and low pressure areas under the car's bonnet are there for a reason, they channel the airflow through certain areas and away from others.

What you have very likely gone and done, is channel the air going through your radiator, over the engine - to pass out the top of your engine bay - passing directly over your intake system (intake and manifold) and other things.

This will likely increase your intake temperatures.... heat things up that are supposed to be cool (like wiring etc), to an extent complicate the pressure (read: aero) balance and harm the performance of your car.

I wish i still had a link - but some guy did this mod...and found the cooling of the car was hindered. He did a reasonably thorough analysis too. (obvisouly this point is moot cos i dont have the link).

Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by VTEC16; 26-10-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: more typos

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC16 View Post

Think about it - The high and low pressure areas under the car's bonnet are there for a reason, they channel the airflow through certain areas and away from others.
    you'll be pleased to know that the low pressure zone that is being greated is at the back end of the engine, not at the front radiator end sooo, after it draws the air in the front and thru the radiator, it pulls it right to the back, and onto the front windscreen

I actually did this today and then i discovered the post. Its an old Japanese car trend, I saw a few cars like this from 2001/2002, and naturally did the same on my car in 2003.

I believe the ideal position for the washers/spacers is not between the hinge and the bonet, but between the car and the hinge. some of the older model Integra's ended up bending the corner of the bonnet (the part near the windscreen) because the increased the movement of the bonet, not the height at which it hinges

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by AzKik-R View Post
    you'll be pleased to know that the low pressure zone that is being greated is at the back end of the engine, not at the front radiator end sooo, after it draws the air in the front and thru the radiator, it pulls it right to the back, and onto the front windscreen
    es
    You obviously didn't read my whole post.

Would this create fogging issues with the windscreen on cold mornings/nights?
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    That is ridiculously too high, it looks stupid.

I think the majority of people will do it for looks as opposed to cooling the engine.

http://www.teirney.net/civic/BonnetSpacers.htm <- I think this is the article VTEC16 was referring to.

Read this, it is an interesting perspective
    Last edited by zpreme; 29-10-2007 at 08:26 PM.
    JDMstyletuning.com

Beaks Tie Bars for DC/EG - $250

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by zpreme View Post
    That is ridiculously too high, it looks stupid.

I think the majority of people will do it for looks as opposed to cooling the engine.

http://www.teirney.net/civic/BonnetSpacers.htm

Read this, it is an interesting perspective
    awsome

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    so results are...
    it wont work well if ur headers arent wrapped.
    but it will work well if ur headers are wrapped..