Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Thanks guys for all your input. I will try doing it in a linear motion. Ive been doing it in circular motion and im tired after doing half the car.

Im looking to buy Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish TWO STEP SYSTEM. Ive never used it before. I usually just wash the car then use Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid. Never bothered to polish.

I have about 10 terry towels so wiping it off wont be a problem. I guess the above 2 products is good enough?

cheers
    Meg's Deep Crystal Polish is a glaze. It doesn't have abrasives. All it does is provide lubrication for your pad/cotton cloth and also "re-moisturise" the paint with the oils in it. You can skip it if you want, but having the Deep Crystal Polish put on in between the washing and NXT wax does make the paint look slightly deeper.

I don't like terry towels, they scratch the paint.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Polish is a mild abrasive that actually removed a micro layer of clearcoat/paint. Only use it if the paint is in bad condition. i.e. if the paint is covered in swirl marks.
    Not in the case of Meguiar's. Polish means glaze to them. It isn't abrasive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    theres alot of good stuff here,

for people who are "in to it" use seperate products, ie not wash 'n' wax but seperate wash , polish, wax. but if u r a noob and not too fussed stuff like kitten wash n wx is sufficient 4 the average joe.

i allways do everything by hand (no short cuts) except for the final buff right at the end which i have a electric polisher/buffer and i lightly go over the whole car, really makes it shine.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    After using wash n wax products, I reckon it doesn't leave anything on your paint to provide sufficient UV protection against sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Meg's Deep Crystal Polish is a glaze. It doesn't have abrasives. All it does is provide lubrication for your pad/cotton cloth and also "re-moisturise" the paint with the oils in it. You can skip it if you want, but having the Deep Crystal Polish put on in between the washing and NXT wax does make the paint look slightly deeper.

I don't like terry towels, they scratch the paint.

What meguiars cloths do you recommend to wipe off the wax? Meguiars microfibre? or...?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    What meguiars cloths do you recommend to wipe off the wax? Meguiars microfibre? or...?
    The Meg's gold class microfibre cloth is pretty good. I've used the Meg's regular blue microfibre cloth before and wasn't impressed. Now I use microfibre cloths from Exceldetail.com

Im guessing its this one you are talking about - "Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibre Cloth"? So this cloth is good for polish and wax? Hope Repco still has the 20% off, ill get a few.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yup, that's the one. Remember to cut off the little tag at the corner. That thing can scratch paint. Also, pick up a pack of the meg's applicator pads if you don't have any.

cheers aaron. I have a few applicator pads from my techwax. I usually use about 5 terry towels to fully remove the wax off the car. You got me all worried now about how terry towels scratches. Anyways, hope i can do the job with 2 of these new cloths.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just look at your car's paint in the noon sun. You'll be able to see any swirls, most of which will be put in by washing and wiping with a towel. A microfibre towel can also scratch, especially if it has dirt stuck in it.

A way we use to test how gentle a towel is, is to wipe it against the reflective side of a brand new CD-R. Good microfibre towels won't scratch.

so is there any use really for a terry towel? coz i got heaps lol. i should start using micro fibre.

Same, i have about 8
    1 for leather seats
    1 for dash
    1 for general wiping down of things
    5 for removing wax

Looks like the 5 will go into retirement once i get a few of the Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibre Cloth. Maybe ill use the 5 to wipe my rims