Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    any decent RO's around for a good price? i have been detailing my car via the good old hand method which i don't mind actually, but i wish to do it on a more regular basis so thought i would go for a RO, the mothers wax attack seems good but as stated its only a low speed RO which will not remove swirl marks
    The Mothers one comes with 2 pads I think. To buy the pads alone here in Australia is very pricey (Meg's wants $30 each for the 6" ones). I get mine from Exceldetail.com for US$9 each + shipping (which is usually 3/4 times the price of the item).

I use the Bosch PEX400AE. It has a 125mm backing plate and 400W rating. It costs $140-150. But even though it's powerful, it still takes a lot of time and effort for swirl removal.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    thanks for the heads up aaron, is the Bosch PEX400AE a RO?, Dave from waxit don't seem to stock them anymore for some reason.

maybe i'm old fashion but i would not know where to start in terms of pads to use.. eg. if i wanted to use the RO like the mothers wax attack to just apply my paint cleaner and also my sealant what pads would you recommend.

where did you get your Bosch PEX400AE from?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    thanks for the heads up aaron, is the Bosch PEX400AE a RO?, Dave from waxit don't seem to stock them anymore for some reason.

maybe i'm old fashion but i would not know where to start in terms of pads to use.. eg. if i wanted to use the RO like the mothers wax attack to just apply my paint cleaner and also my sealant what pads would you recommend.

where did you get your Bosch PEX400AE from?
    Yup, it's an RO. I got mine from Bunnings. Every bunnings store stocks it.

If you are using it for just paint cleaning and applying sealant, the Mothers machine will be cheaper since it comes with 2 pads. If you bought the Bosch, you'd still need to spend on those. I use Excelerasure pads. For paint cleaning, the white or black pad will be good, while sealants should be applied using the red pad.

Usually this is how i was the car:
    1. put $2 using high pressure soap, angle the gun from top and aim downwards to remove all the crap.
    2. put $2 using low rinse, aim the gun and wipe at the same time. Cleaning all the top 3/4 of the car first then the bottom. Every little section, i would rinse the sponge out for any dirt.
    3. put $1 using hig pressure water, go around the whole car, again aiming from top to bottom.
    4. Chamois immediately

I might give this mother wax machine a try. Im tired after polishing and waxing my car, worst than going to the gym. Although its only 1 speed, i guess applying polish and wax will be sufficient and it will apply evenly. Then use the sexy meguiars supreme shine cloths to buff off nicely.

BTW, where to buy the pad for mother wax machine if it gets damaged?
    Last edited by Shimian; 10-10-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    also interested to know where and how much to get the wax attack replacement pads also. need to way up the cost of getting the mothers or a RO like the bosch.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    i detailed my gf's jazz on the weekend took 4hrs all up, the cars only a month old, black too, had a few little swirls which wernt really noticable but im fussy!

Here what i did:
    washed at home using bucket water and karcher, rinsed down (no point going car wash cos i cant detail there by the time i get home its got dust on paint) water is rain water hehehe.
    Wet rins and spray hot rims cleaner and rinse and also rinse wheel wells.

Gold class wash shampoo and conditioner PANEL by PANEL to avoid drying/blotches and rinse

Give the car one more rinal rinse all over including tyre wells etc...

Dry with a chamois (i use syntetic or lether one the deared ones)

Now park in garage and let cool if its in the sun, good chance to clean inside etc...

If its older paint id clay bar it otherwise this was new so i skipped it
    I applied with the meguiars applicator pad in circular motion 9i find it applies more evenly in a circular moton) No 7 Meguiars Professional glaze panel by panel and wipe off immediately. Then i use the Professional buff to buff the paint/glaze. (GMC orbital grinder/polisher/sander 99 bux bunnings with velcro attachment for meguairs pads about 35bux each repco)

Now i apply meguairs gold class wax work ur way around the car, let it dry for 10-15min, do the finger streak test, if it wipe clean if ready to remove.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    i used 2 microfibre clots to wipe down the car in circular motion (its not fast enough to swirl lol) once the whole car was wiped clean i re buffed it just like after the glaze.

Now i went an used Auto Glym glass polish inside and out (this stuff is good) it wipes on as a liquid paste and wipes off as a chalky dust!

During the buffing i spayed a bit of quick detailer on the pad so reduce the friction swirl possibility (only a tiny spray)

Paint turned out mad1 shiney and wet looking with the nighthawk black's blue metallic speckle shining!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    Then i use the Professional buff to buff the paint/glaze. (GMC orbital grinder/polisher/sander 99 bux bunnings with velcro attachment for meguairs pads about 35bux each repco)
    So what did you use together with the pad and random orbital? Or did you dry buff?

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    i used a small amount of quick detailer, i dont think u need to use anything when buffing with the meguairs pad, its a very very soft foam

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The yellow pad?

Pads are used to apply and work products, not really to dry buff (even with QD or water). But if it works for you....

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yeh its the yellow one, there is cutting on for cut and polish, then polishing pad for polishes/glazes/waxes and the buffing one for finishing. I think there are some good vids on this stuff on youtube search for edge2000 pads... only thing is i cant find them here anyway back on topic!

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    have any of you tried www.paintprotection.com products? any good?