Page 9 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 678910111219591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    em1
    yeah i heard about joek too but i'd always thought he was a syd-sider. u must feel pretty damn unique in particular if u pulled up against a dc5r or fd2 at the lights cant wait to see it in person

how long was the process; from the moment of purchase it til when u were legally able to drive it??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by causeraybay View Post
    yeah i heard about joek too but i'd always thought he was a syd-sider. u must feel pretty damn unique in particular if u pulled up against a dc5r or fd2 at the lights cant wait to see it in person

how long was the process; from the moment of purchase it til when u were legally able to drive it??
    I bought it cause I liked it and I wanted a good track/ weekend car, not cause I felt it was unique. I was actually leaning towards an EVO 7 but for the sake of maintenance/mods/insurance and a 2 door, I got the EP3.

The process was pretty time consuming, I bought it back in late December '06, so about 6 months of waiting.

Anyhow everything turned out alright.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Sydney EP3 Guys. Let have a meet and greet one night? Doesnt have to be a long meet up. Where are you guys at??

I know that,

NightRyder = Hills

Me = Northshore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Should have a sydney EP3 and FN2 meet up..be good to see
    civic type R

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I think Best Motoring tested the JDM EP3R and DC5R (pre-facelift) and they commented that the EP3R had faster straight line acceleration than the DC5R eventhough it was down on 5ps.
    I once saw a Best Motoring clip which they had dc5r ep3r and few other cars racing, on a main straight the dc5r was slowly pulling a way and they commented that the dc5r had 5 exta hp.

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    I once saw a Best Motoring clip which they had dc5r ep3r and few other cars racing, on a main straight the dc5r was slowly pulling a way and they commented that the dc5r had 5 exta hp.
    i dont think 5 extra HP , where ever in the range will make your car slowly pull away from another car.

Can someone clarify the weight , FD and each gearset of each EP3 vs JDM DC5R ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yeah im up for a meet up with my ep3. I live abit west though hehe fairfield

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    ^^ That was probably because the DC5R exited the corner at a slightly higher speed.

The one I saw was in the K20A comparo, where they were accelerating away from 0km/h at the start, more relevant for 0-400m times. The EP3 got up to 3rd gear 8300rpm before needing to brake.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    i dont think 5 extra HP , where ever in the range will make your car slowly pull away from another car.

Can someone clarify the weight , FD and each gearset of each EP3 vs JDM DC5R ?
    EP3R
    Weight: 1190kg (1210kg with aircon)
    Ratios:
    1st: 3.266
    2nd: 2.130
    3rd: 1.517
    4th: 1.212
    5th: 0.972
    6th: 0.780
    Final: 4.764

DC5R
    Weight: 1180kg (1190kg with aircon)
    Ratios:
    1st: 3.266
    2nd: 2.130
    3rd: 1.517
    4th: 1.212
    5th: 0.972
    6th: 0.780
    Final: 4.764

Looks like the JDM models are very similar.

Edit: Specs were taken from Honda.co.jp's website (DC5R is the facelifted model). But the EP3R is meant to be lighter than the DC5R...
    Last edited by aaronng; 29-10-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    ^^ That was probably because the DC5R exited the corner at a slightly higher speed.

The one I saw was in the K20A comparo, where they were accelerating away from 0km/h at the start, more relevant for 0-400m times. The EP3 got up to 3rd gear 8300rpm before needing to brake.

That could be the case, English subtitle sometime is misleading.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    seen a clip i think on youtube where all the type r's and s2000 race around a track. EP3 does the quickest times around the track. Not only is it lighter than the dc5r but it has more power than the audm dc5r

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    yeah im up for a meet up with my ep3. I live abit west though hehe fairfield
    hahah bro fairfield...horsley representtt
    civic type R