Page 856 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3567568068468538548558568578588598669069561356 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,272 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R
    soundwave,

is it a whining sort of noise? does it change in tone when revs build from idle - ~2500ish?

I have a problem like this and I think its the bearing for one of the pulleys thats going bad. Possibly the idler pulley or tensioner that will need to be replaced.

It used to happen on and off and I thought it was my alternator but when I used a multimeter to check it, it seems fine and I think its coming from a dying bearing.

It's getting especially annoying now so I may be replacing the bearing/entire pulley soon!

came across this site today: http://japancars.ru/cat/honda/index....dtyp=8337,8338
    not too sure if it's listed here already, quite handy if your looking for any part numbers!
    looks to be in Russian, use google translate if you can't read any bits.

I found this part amusing! http://japancars.ru/cat/honda/index....nplblk=08Z5201
    really? ep's came with an optional shower attchment...
    Last edited by RPS.13; 17-12-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    How about this guys.......get on to it!

http://spreets.com.au/deal/Sydney/re...creek-vilawood

Cant see a better excuse for a meet....other than Korean BBQ!
    Sounds great! Who is in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Twest View Post
    Sounds great! Who is in?

A couple of us is buying 2

Member Array
    if anyone has ep3r visors you want to get rid of please pm me. Thanks!
    Please +1 REP me if i post something remotely helpful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Lukezen has 1 for sale I think!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM EP.TREE
    Quote Originally Posted by TanitY View Post
    hey mate where did u get the visors from? thanks.
    jdmyard.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    soundwave,

is it a whining sort of noise? does it change in tone when revs build from idle - ~2500ish?

I have a problem like this and I think its the bearing for one of the pulleys thats going bad. Possibly the idler pulley or tensioner that will need to be replaced.

It used to happen on and off and I thought it was my alternator but when I used a multimeter to check it, it seems fine and I think its coming from a dying bearing.

It's getting especially annoying now so I may be replacing the bearing/entire pulley soon!
    Yeah it's definately a whining sound .. and yes the tone does change with higher revs. It also seems to get worse the longer I am driving so I've been avoiding driving as much as possible until I have time to go to a mechanic.

I read in the Gearbox FAQ or something on this forum that it could be the IBS or thrust bearing of the gearbox ? Be good if you can keep me upto date with your situation and vice versa. (Y)

I'd say input shaft bearing - common issue on hondas with abit of age , incorrect fluid level or wrong fluid ( non-Honda fluid)

Consider a new clutch and just drop the box and do it all at the same time

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know if DC5R stock wheels fit ep3? I much rather the look of DC5R's, and are the tyres the same? i just want t obuy some and swap them over

audm ones are 16inch just incase you forgot. just get ce28's or something lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know if DC5R stock wheels fit ep3? I much rather the look of DC5R's, and are the tyres the same? i just want t obuy some and swap them over
    Which DC5R?

AUDM: 16 x 6.5 (45 offset) will sit in a little further than the EP3's

JDM: 17 x 7 (55 or 60 offset) will sit heaps in and will look really weird. Will need to run spacers to look right.