Page 130 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 30801201271281291301311321331401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,549 to 1,560 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    who was the show off that parked there ep3 next to my evo at princess (vic) tonight?!
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

hey guys,

I spoke to my compliancer the other day to make sure they wouldnt tamper with my HID's and that I would get them back. But they said, EP3's dont have HID's they just have adjustable headlights???

Could someone please let me know asap so I can get back to my compliancer

I have a 2002 EP3 by the way. which from the japanese pictures has OEM fog lights, if that helps at all

Thanks
    Last edited by stoj19; 13-11-2008 at 06:27 AM.

My headlights are HIDs and I've got an 02 EP3 if that helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by stoj19 View Post
    hey guys,

I spoke to my compliancer the other day to make sure they wouldnt tamper with my HID's and that I would get them back. But they said, EP3's dont have HID's they just have adjustable headlights???

Could someone please let me know asap so I can get back to my compliancer

I have a 2002 EP3 by the way. which from the japanese pictures has OEM fog lights, if that helps at all

Thanks
    what a load of sh!T.

what adjustible headlights??? nothing adjustible on mine unless the screws in the engine bay.

make sure your car is a "C package". if it is, it would have OEM HID regardless what year model it is. as i said, to find out if it's a c package, check to see if the car has power folding mirror and external temp display within the range/odo meter. just scroll through the menu and u'll see it if you have it. also all C package has tinted rear glass but some non C might be tinted afterwards so not a true indicator.

OEM foggies are optional parts so that doesn't help to determine whether your car should have HID or not.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by sai_ANN View Post
    .....and they do all their compliancing in-house as well which is a plus...
    i thought that was supposed to be a secret haha....

it is definitely a big plus...... hehe
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    hey guys,

spoke to IMG they said with the currency being so high in Japan their going to get CTRs from UK instead as their money has dropped with ours. I'm seeing them this Sat too to sit down and have a talk

I really want JDM one as opposed to it being better somehow.
    Might consider UK model.

i know there is talk with like 10kws difference with UK and JDM but Andrew from IMG told me this possibly could be cause of the 91ron standard fuel tested in UK compared to the 98ron standard fuel in Japan. But he's not 100% sure.

Anybody know the differences in UK and JDM model Facelifts?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    dont quote me but i believe uk lacks LSD and the interior might not be as good
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i wouldn't get the UK model purely because it is not as good as the JDM one.

main difference being:
    - inferior engine;
    - no LSD;
    - no recaros (unless limited edition);
    - no HID;
    - might have rust problem.

might as well get a used FN2R at low 30k. at least it's newer and Aussie delivered.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    UK built the cars then gave the best ones to japan and an inferior product to there own people...so sad
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Damnit.
    I didn't want the UK one either. I guess i'll have to wait till it gets cheaper in japan and import during then.

Thanks guys, you guys been great help in making decisions.

You may be disappointed with the EDM version as all of the above points would make me feel like an inadequate EP3 owner, compared to the rest of the JDM EP3s out there as a lot of the niceties are missing.

What about looking some of the EP3s that are already here and are currently on sale? They are all JDM versions.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    I am so dissapointed man. Been waiting a long time saving up to get this EP3 and in finally have to $ to get it but the currency went down.

p3p5y yea i've looked but nothing fits my budget. I'll have to wait.