Page 1258 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2587581158120812481255125612571258125912601261126813081358 ... LastLast
Results 15,085 to 15,096 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    With regards to anything in particular, or does the whole situation seem shady?
    Imo, find out exactly how much an engineering cert is going to end up costing you and ensure that it will pass with no issues before you even consider buying the car.

Or just buy a clean and relatively stock EP3 and save yourself the headache.. The fact that you've come on here and asked everyone more than once what we think of it shows your hesitation towards buying the car. Not sure why you're still considering it when theres much cleaner examples for sale.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Silly question I know dc5r owners buy ep3 front sway bars on their cars is to clear aftermarket headers right?, would a front sway design for a dc5r fit our ep3's?
    Yeah Perry, any front sway bars designed for the Aussie DC5R will fit your EP3R.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Yeah Perry, any front sway bars designed for the Aussie DC5R will fit your EP3R.
    You probably would need to use the AUDM headers to clear though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    You probably would need to use the AUDM headers to clear though.
    Oh yeah, sorry didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    Imo, find out exactly how much an engineering cert is going to end up costing you and ensure that it will pass with no issues before you even consider buying the car.

Or just buy a clean and relatively stock EP3 and save yourself the headache.. The fact that you've come on here and asked everyone more than once what we think of it shows your hesitation towards buying the car. Not sure why you're still considering it when theres much cleaner examples for sale.
    I'm just after the knowledge and experience of the members on this board. My hesitance is more a sign of my lack of understanding in what to do and how to go about doing it. Initially I was put off by the speedo issue and the SRS issue...but when I drove it I was mind blown. Food for thought I guess. I've gotten all the information I need now. So hopefully by this weekend I will have a clearer picture on what my next car will be.
    Thanks everyone for their input.

I'm just after the knowledge and experience of the members on this board. My hesitance is more a sign of my lack of understanding in what to do and how to go about doing it. Initially I was put off by the speedo issue and the SRS issue...but when I drove it I was mind blown. Food for thought I guess. I've gotten all the information I need now. So hopefully by this weekend I will have a clearer picture on what my next car will be.
    Thanks everyone for their input.
    sure it feels fast when you drive it around the block... after a week it'll feel meh
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Oh yeah, sorry didn't think of that!
    ok how about if the front sway is designed for US RSX and ep3 si I assume I'm going back to square one again but is it a 100% definate I have to run AUS dc5r headers to clear a dc5r front sway on a EP3?

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    sure it feels fast when you drive it around the block... after a week it'll feel meh
    Is that how most of the ep3 owners feel about their cars?

Is that how most of the ep3 owners feel about their cars?
    with any car in general. when i forst got on my L's my ek1 felt fast.

after awhile of driving the ep3 your butt dyno gets accustomed to the torque. people i know with other faster cars say the same about theirs as well.

i think the only situation where a car will feel fast every time you drive it no matter how long youve owned it is if its got like 500+hp or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    not really

even high power you still want more

r35 for example

^ well there you go

applies to all cars lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    ok how about if the front sway is designed for US RSX and ep3 si I assume I'm going back to square one again but is it a 100% definate I have to run AUS dc5r headers to clear a dc5r front sway on a EP3?
    Clearance varies with the sway bars I think, ie. the Whiteline swaybar on Australian DC5R will clear most JDM headers when set on full stiff, and would most likely be the same on EP3. But to be assured of fitment though you'd need to run an Australian or US spec header, either OEM or aftermarket. Stuff like Skunk2, SSR, ASP will fit with the Australian DC5R front sway bar.