Page 129 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 29791191261271281291301311321391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    cool.
    yeah stateroads was good for me when i first purchased my N14 SSS

thanks for the ideas.. i never thought of that. will put them to good use.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren1ty View Post
    ok well make sure that if you not happy you can take back ur deposit and walk away even when it arrives over here, otherwise who knows what trouble you just bought.
    Therein lies the problem with trying to save a bit of cash. It's cheaper to go through a broker and have them do the legwork with your cash than it is to purchase the car through a registered motor trader who sell import cars for a good reason, whether or not this is the case with TMI I don't know.

I have had a look at the topmotorimports.com website and it seems to be lacking a fair bit of imformation, as well as some basic spelling/grammar errors (which as the front for a business may/ may not be a good sign, but any-hoo I digress).

Importing through a broker (such as JSpec) will save you some cash largely because all risk is on you as the individual; if the car arrives as a dud it's all yours as the buyer, the importer has only assisted in facilitating the trade.

Importing through a registered motor dealer is safer, all risk lies with the importer. If the car is a dud, it's their loss. Licensed motor traders need to provide a statutory warranty with the sale of cars meeting certain criteria; they will need to fix anything wrong with a car. If you put a holding deposit on a car through a dealer then you have first right to say "yes, I do want the car, I'll go through with the sale" or if the car arrives and is crap, then you have the right to walk away. This risk is why you'll pay more through someone like IMG.

Generally, doing it yourself with the help of someone like JSpec you'll save somewhere around $2,000 over purchasing from a dealer. Whether or not piece of mind is worth $2k is up to the buyer.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 JDM EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    But i am abit scared that they dont know too much about EP3s cause i dont think they import much of them. IMG sound very professional whereas these guys dont to me.. but i still trust them.
    that doesn't make sense...you're scared that they don't know much about EP3s and they don't sound professional and yet you trust them?

as Seren1ty said, make sure that you speak to them and that they will let you walk away with your deposit if the car comes in and it's not up to scratch...btw...how much did you put down as deposit? i'd be very wary if they ask you to put a large deposit and then another amount when they buy the car in japan (i had an importer ask for $2000 upfront and then 50% of the sale price when the car was bought at auction...DODGY!)...it'll be a gigantic hassle to try to get your money back if they don't deliver...

on another note...why on earth are you choosing now to buy an import...!? with the current exchange rate at $1AUD = 65yen, you're gonna be looking to pay something like 30% more for the car than the majority of us did...not trying to put you down or anything...but you're talking about saving money by going to a not so well known importer so i had to ask...
    sai_ANN...!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    WOW!

ok. How does this sound?

It'll be a 5k deposit when i sign the papers and then they'll start looking..
    It goes something on the lines like this:
    There's people in Japan that sell their cars. TMI has an agent in Japan. He inspects their cars before saying its ok. Probably checks their condition etc.
    TMI shows me photo's and if i like it i'll choose it.
    I only pay the rest the day i pick it up after it has been compiled etc. It comes with 6 months free rego only ready to drive away.

I'm not sure about this 5k deposit thats why im waiting till i go in and speak to them face-to-face.

When our dollar was up i enquired and i got my quote which i liked.
    I enquired just yesterday again and the dude said i should of got it when our exchange rate was HIGH. He said he'll speak to his manager see what he can do. His manager came back to him saying he can do it at the same price. AMAZING!

A good thing was i asked if its possible i will get something higher than grade 4 cause im not going any lower than that. He's reply was yes and is sure of it.

Hope that answers some questions. I'm keen to see these people face-to-face and see what they can offer.

How does IMG work? will they work around your budget?
    Last edited by kriZy; 12-11-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    the car will need to be at least a grade 4 or most compliance place won't touch it (unless dodgy of cos). although our exchange rate is crap now, demand is lower hence the auction price in Japan might be effected as well and that's why they might be able to do at the previously agreed price.

but $5k deposit seems excessive. iirc IMG only asked for $500 and it can be refunded any time i want, even after the car has landed and i'm not satisfied.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    I'm keen to see these people face-to-face and see what they can offer.

if i'm in your position, i'd make sure i talk to IMG as well before i hand over $$ to anyone.

with IMG, u give them a small deposit, they will look for a car that's within your budget and requirement. they will send you info of some cars and you can select. then they will organise the importation etc. you can still walk away even the car is here.

that's what i was told back in January. not sure if its changed.

for the record, i ended up importing from a friend (who had no experience with EP3) but it was quite a hassle and i was kinda lucky that it went pretty smoothly in the end.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Yep, I just emailed IMG with my budget and what they can offer.
    I would preferably go with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Anyone know the name of the interior cleaning product IMG used when they sold u there cars ?? It smelt nice when i first bought it and the smell went away ages ago. God i missed that smell, it smelt awesome and as if the car was brand new

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM CW EP3R
    "Anyone know the name of the interior cleaning product IMG used when they sold u there cars ?? It smelt nice when i first bought it and the smell went away ages ago. God i missed that smell, it smelt awesome and as if the car was brand new"

dud, just go and ask them if you want to know...so there wont be any guessing game

Oh Hi, im from Melb and would love to own a EP3 R in the early next year.....

Yeah rite i just keep track on the pricing..now rite the EP3 R so seem to be very expensive,like the Dealer is cheaper they people selling Privately!!

1st time i see the market for cars are like that, normally is like Private price>Dealer price!!

And to everyone that is planing/buying a JDM EP3 R should tell us how $much$ you got it for or what they ask for.!

So it could help people like me know whats a good price for what grade it is!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 JDM EP3R
    It'll be a 5k deposit when i sign the papers and then they'll start looking..
    It goes something on the lines like this:
    There's people in Japan that sell their cars. TMI has an agent in Japan. He inspects their cars before saying its ok. Probably checks their condition etc.
    TMI shows me photo's and if i like it i'll choose it.
    I only pay the rest the day i pick it up after it has been compiled etc. It comes with 6 months free rego only ready to drive away.

I'm not sure about this 5k deposit thats why im waiting till i go in and speak to them face-to-face.

When our dollar was up i enquired and i got my quote which i liked.
    I enquired just yesterday again and the dude said i should of got it when our exchange rate was HIGH. He said he'll speak to his manager see what he can do. His manager came back to him saying he can do it at the same price. AMAZING!
    $5,000 is a huge deposit to ask for...i'd say it's a case of buyer beware...and i find it hard to believe that the manager said that he can sell you the same car for the same price...remember that sales people will say anything to get your business and with them requesting 5k as a deposit...alarm bells are certainly ringing

IMG will work around your budget and like philip lee said, they only take $500 deposit and you're free to walk away with your deposit if you're not happy with the car when it gets here...

i would suggest going in and sitting with andrew and talking to him...i've only heard good reviews about IMG (mine included) and they do all their compliancing in-house as well which is a plus...
    sai_ANN...!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yeah i got my car through IMG and it was so hassel free to b honest. They worked out a good price for me aswell as other things. Like sai_ANN said, go talk to IMG and see what they can do/arrange for u

I did my with broker (black sun imports), pretty happy with car and everything, except for time it took for car's arrival, but that was out of anyones control so can't blame them, but car is in very good condition, same as I was told when we bought it in japan so I'm happy, price was very good due to strong ozzy $$$$ but now he recons for same car I would have to pay $4000-5000 more due to very poor $$$$, I think this is the reson for price jump of lots of imports in last few weeks, for example they could've import R34 GTR, landed ready for rego for $41000 now he recons they can't do it for less than $54000 (that's for good example, we are talking 4.5 grade)