Page 1148 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1486481048109811381145114611471148114911501151115811981248 ... LastLast
Results 13,765 to 13,776 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    What parts are you after Matt? I got sideskirts if you need.
    I got some oem engine mounts as well lol.
    VTEC? Yes please.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Lol i got some stock suspension, intake, rear swaybar etc
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    UNA91 clear your inbox got something to ask you thanks
    Inbox cleared, took me ages to find where the delete button was lol...

Anyway, problem: My dash water temp sensor is not 'centered' when the car is fully heated up. It gets near, but leans more towards the cool side and never moves, unless of course the car has cooled down.

I also notice my aftermarket water temp sensor reads a little low, around 65-70c when moving and slowly crawls to 80c when stopped. Most other DC5r (judging by same K20 variant) averages around 80-90c, as well as my friends EP3.

I'm not sure if it's a stuck themostat or the OEM temp sensor going bad, my guess is the thermostat since my the Prosport gauge also reads a low temp. Any thoughts?
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey45 View Post
    Maybe check with dede at top one. If I remember he had a EP3 wreck in his workshop.
    Yeah that wreck sitting at dedy's belong bigbaby0223, most of it is gone depending on what your after, as them fl hid lights are gone, in bought the te37 and his sard hi flow cat is gone as well, he has the car listed on gum tree
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    UNA91:
    My thermo sits on that same exact spot, I went up to half way on a track day but normal driving thats where it sits.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    UNA91:
    My thermo sits on that same exact spot, I went up to half way on a track day but normal driving thats where it sits.
    Mine just never moves any more higher, even if I push the car hard for a spirited drive or hoon the hell out of it lol >.> Not sure why the water temp reads low too, anyone have a aftermarket water gauge and wanna share their readings?

I've adjusted the gauge sensor position and topped up the fluid to the correct level and bled the system correctly

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Thanks guys. I'm after a front bumper, not too fussed if its face lift or not
    Last edited by lemmiwinks; 20-08-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    Mine just never moves any more higher, even if I push the car hard for a spirited drive or hoon the hell out of it lol >.> Not sure why the water temp reads low too, anyone have a aftermarket water gauge and wanna share their readings?

I've adjusted the gauge sensor position and topped up the fluid to the correct level and bled the system correctly

That's where they all sit dude

Its race car and your clearly not driving it hard enough lol

Take to the track and you'll see it go above half
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 26-09-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

thrashing/spirited driving/hooning does not equal track

brakes chassis and engine are all being pushed to the limit.

vtecing and shifting at 8-8400rpm for a few seconds at a time puts no where near the amount of heat that track does, considering during track, your consistently at 5000rpm + for minutes at a times. not the same as giving it a hit down an empty road after a corner lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    aright fair enough lol, btw where is the max line in the coolant reserve tank? I think I've got a leak at the bottom where it flows back into the radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    At the track my genuine Defi gauge reads my water temp as being around the 110 degrees mark. Day to day driving, unless I sit in traffic after the car has been driven for a while, it won't ever reach 100 degrees.

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm after a front bumper, not too fussed if its face lift or not. Also after the lower AC line
    yeah dedy's got the front bumper (Pre facelift), its in a little bit of a scuffle nothing a good touch up wont fix but dont know about the lower AC line, as the whole engine was removed due to damage it suffered from the track day.
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!