Page 1232 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2327321132118212221229123012311232123312341235124212821332 ... LastLast
Results 14,773 to 14,784 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Takes about 2-3 hours. Are u based in Sydney? Go to Top One or Good Performance Centre, whichever is closest.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Unfortunately I'm not, i'll have a talk to my mechanic but yeah 5 hours does seem abit unreasonable for engine mounts.

Would it be really hard to install myself?

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not, i'll have a talk to my mechanic but yeah 5 hours does seem abit unreasonable for engine mounts.

Should be able to do it yourself, provided you have the right tools. Change the engine mounts one at a time and support it with a jack and yellow pages in between to avoid any damage to the sump / gearbox.
    Takes me about an hour or so to change 3 of them..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Breaker bars and wd40 will be your best friend
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by KIKNHRD View Post
    Im currently looking for a primary sensor but can only seem to get one from honda and they want $450. If anyone has a part number either denso or another brand that would be awesome.
    Hi,
    Part number is 36531-PRB-A01 for the JDM Honda ep3 sensor. Denso has an aftermarket replacement but from what I've heard your fuel economy will suffer as the denso makes it run a LITTLE bit richer. I wouldn't recommend using the AUDM DC5 sensor as it is a different part number and I'm pretty sure it's not a wideband like the JDM ep3 sensor. Also don't cut the wires on the sensor side you are better off extending it on the connector side...TBH you are better off not extending it at all as by extending the wire you are changing the resistance thus making the o2 sensor give an off reading. Just buy the right sensor.

If anyone wants sensors I can get them for around $250-280, if we can do a group buy it will be the lower. That's for a genuine Honda sensor.

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    I have a moth stuck in my headlight... I hope it doesn't die in there lol

Anyway, has anyone tried 'seafoam' on their cars? Apparently the australian alternative for it is "subaru upper engine cleaner" from subaru or 'nulon foaming intake cleaner'. Both work the same to clean out the carbon, applied the same and does the smoke show and all...
    I've used the subaru upper engine cleaner and I thought it was the best stuff everr!! ...until I used the wurth system cleaner and realised how much better it was. And yes you get all the carbon deposits flying out of the exhaust and the black smoke and crap. They are both fairly good but like all Wurth Products it is far superior. Made the car more responsive and even felt like it got through the revs a bit smoother.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Get in on some good bits EP3 crowd!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...odridge-etc.!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    Should be able to do it yourself, provided you have the right tools. Change the engine mounts one at a time and support it with a jack and yellow pages in between to avoid any damage to the sump / gearbox.
    Takes me about an hour or so to change 3 of them..

I believe changing the front and rear are the most annoying ones as it takes time to wiggle the mounts out and wiggle the new back in.

I've got mugen mounts waiting to install. Any reckon it's a better idea to DIY the left and right engine mount and then leave the front and rear to the top-one or any mechanic? I'm estimating this would probably save 25-30% of the labour involved.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    I believe changing the front and rear are the most annoying ones as it takes time to wiggle the mounts out and wiggle the new back in.

I've got mugen mounts waiting to install. Any reckon it's a better idea to DIY the left and right engine mount and then leave the front and rear to the top-one or any mechanic? I'm estimating this would probably save 25-30% of the labour involved.
    I've been told by more than one person that passenger side/gearbox mount is the most annoying one. Did my rear mount just two nights agi. Wasn't too bad except for having to remove headers to access the mount bolts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Looking to change my brake fluid since i bought some HEL brake lines. Would it be worth going for the Motul RBF (dot 4, around 312 degrees dry boiling point? and super exxy...) or would just normal dot 4 or 5.1 fluid (around 275-280 deg) be enough?

I do alot daily and spirited driving but no track work, would i be seeing those temperatures on say a very long drive or going on twisty mountains?

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post

one guy should be able to change all 4 mounts in around 2 hrs give or take. Front is the hardest - rear and sides piss easy.

If you are in Syd. ill change all 4 for $150

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    For some reason my windscreen mist washers have gone whack... only like 20% of the water reaches the windscreen, others just seems to spray the roof and the side of my car... its not clogged or anything
    Last edited by UNA91; 20-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.