Page 1320 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 320820122012701310131713181319132013211322132313301370 ... LastLast
Results 15,829 to 15,840 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Anyone in Melbourne interested in purchasing a set of Todd's tie rods let me know

Price delivered (USD before conversion) is $323 for 1, $299 for 2, $283 for 3. Not sure if there's a problem buying more than 3 as >1k get taxed
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    What are the tie rods for? My car is lowered and has stock tie rods for over a year now and everything seems fine

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If you want to run more than -2 deg camber on the front without any toe issues then you'll need Todd's tie rods

Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    What are the tie rods for? My car is lowered and has stock tie rods for over a year now and everything seems fine
    cos illest stans helafrosh need camber

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana_hammock View Post
    If you want to run more than -2 deg camber on the front without any toe issues then you'll need Todd's tie rods
    Ahhh I get ya, I'm only -1 at the front..

Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Ahhh I get ya, I'm only -1 at the front..
    you look like youre pretty low though man. im guessing the rear is natural like -3? todds tie rods and camber adjustment all round would make it handle sick after a good alignment

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    you look like youre pretty low though man. im guessing the rear is natural like -3? todds tie rods and camber adjustment all round would make it handle sick after a good alignment
    I was actually much lower in the rears but i recently changed my wheels to +24 and had to raise the rears by about an inch or so... I don't have camber kit in the rear so can't adjust, so will just have to make do for now until i decide to purchase one... the fronts remained the same height with slight scrub on driving on uneven roads.. I have adjustable camber plates on my coilovers on the front so can adjust to my liking, so might play around with it later and maybe change it to around -2 to -3..

what camber settings for front and rear would you guys say is most aggressive without dramatic affect of camber wear on the tyres?

It's toe that kills tyres not camber. Settings depends on the tyres you're using. For street tyres, something like -2f/-1r is sufficient to handle pretty good and not attract the poopo

Just got my wheel alignment fuark it feels much better, rear end less twitchy. camber -0.5f/-1.5r, toe 0f/0.7r
    Last edited by charliebrown; 07-11-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    It's toe that kills tyres not camber. Settings depends on the tyres you're using. For street tyres, something like -2f/-1r is sufficient to handle pretty good and not attract the poopo

Just got my wheel alignment fuark it feels much better, rear end less twitchy. camber -0.5f/-1.5r, toe 0f/0.7r

Is that toe in or out at the rear? Also I would either reduce the amount of camber in the rear, or increase in the front, as if you decide to do a hill run the rear will get snappy due to the increase in camber front vs rear
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Is that toe in or out at the rear? Also I would either reduce the amount of camber in the rear, or increase in the front, as if you decide to do a hill run the rear will get snappy due to the increase in camber front vs rear
    0.7 toe in each side. Josh at TT recommended it, said it would help to balance out the neg camber in the back and make rear end more stable?

All natural camber atm. I'm still waiting to order shortened tie rods and coilovers, and put them in with F+R camber kit at the same time then get it set up properly. +1 for traction tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Yes that is a fair call. The boys down there know what they are doing
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Since we're on the wheel alignment subject, here's my wheel alignment results.. Does it look about right? Bear in mind, rear have no camber adjustment