Page 1341 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 34184112411291133113381339134013411342134313441351 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,092 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    mine sits around 80'c crusing, but on highway with the engine constantly at 4k rpm and spirited driving it goes up to 90'c
    Is that with the oil cooler installed?

Mine is like 90c for street driving and 100c on the highway without any cooling mods. Oil: 5w40 Synpower.
    Last edited by Poeter; 21-02-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    JC I can confirm the part number listed by UNA91 is for the primary sensor. Same part number as listed on the box I got from JDMYard.

I didn't want to buy an OEM primary sensor due to the price, but had to coz of the short time frame I had at the time.
    So would this be the one?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/01-05-Hon...-/271206848422

If you scroll down the check the description, you'll see the following -
    *Important* Please use the Below information to determine if the part(s) in this listing fit your vehicle.

Do not rely on the eBay 'compatibility' feature.

Brand New Air Fuel Ratio Sensor (Made in Japan)

Denso Part Number: 234-9005 2349005

Bosch Part Number: 13680 13705 13706 15397 15472

OEM Ref Part Number:36531-PRB-A01,36531-PZA-A01,36531-PZA-L01,

36531-PLE-003,

36531-PLE-305,36531-PLM-A11,36531-PPA-305,36531-PPA-A01

Fits to:

2003-2005 HONDA CICIV ALL
    2002 HONDA CICIV 1.7L L4
    2001 HONDA CICIV ALL
    Warranty: 5 Years unlimited miles.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    Is that with the oil cooler installed?

Mine is like 90c for street driving and 100c on the highway without any cooling mods. Oil: 5w40 Synpower.
    Thats without oil cooler installed. I'm also using that exact oil and weight; oil temp reading at the oil filter sandwich plate. I wanted an oil cooler cause i thought it was abit high as i do alot of highway driving and recently got a JRSC, but that means i'll also have to relocate my sensors for my oil temp and pressure gauge.

I've also got an aftermarket tegiwa radiator which i'm not sure if its cooling any better than the oem, but when the car is off and when I turn it on after about an hour i notice the temps drop pretty fast.
    Last edited by UNA91; 21-02-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    Thats without oil cooler installed. I'm also using that exact oil and weight; oil temp reading at the oil filter sandwich plate. I wanted an oil cooler cause i thought it was abit high as i do alot of highway driving and recently got a JRSC, but that means i'll also have to relocate my sensors for my oil temp and pressure gauge.

I've also got an aftermarket tegiwa radiator which i'm not sure if its cooling any better than the oem, but when the car is off and when I turn it on after about an hour i notice the temps drop pretty fast.
    That's pretty cool temps imo.

Both me and my bro's ep3 measure the same temp in the same conditions. Although both have the same type/brand of oil temp sensor.

The K20A has a small heat exchanger located at where the oil filter is mounted and cools the oil using the engine coolant. Therefore upgrading the radiator will help cool the oil indirectly although not any where as effective as a proper oil cooler.

Btw, have you sorted out the pressure drop from 28 to 21psi which you posted about sometime in 2012?
    Last edited by Poeter; 24-02-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    That's pretty cool temps imo.

Both me and my bro's ep3 measure the same temp in the same conditions. Although both have the same type/brand of oil temp sensor.

The K20A has a small heat exchanger located at where the oil filter is mounted and cools the oil using the engine coolant. Therefore upgrading the radiator will help cool the oil indirectly although not any where as effective as a proper oil cooler.

Btw, have you sorted out the pressure drop from 28 to 21psi which you posted about sometime in 2012?
    Yeah, I noticed last night driving and it was really cool and rainy and my oil temps were around 76 degrees on the highway at 3.7k rpms and even after doing lots hard runs and red line pulls it didn't even go over 80 degrees, usually it'll be around 85+. My coolant was also alot cooler at 60 degrees. Also recently installed an injen cai which sits behind the right the hole on the mugen lip and did the throttle body coolant bypass to reduce the IATs. haha im keen for winter

As for the oil pressure, it now sits around 28-32psi. I think it was my oil pressure sender on its way out since after a month later it started fluctuating like crazy.
    Last edited by UNA91; 24-02-2014 at 03:36 PM.

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    60c for water temp is pretty cold haha. Not sure if that' ok or not because as far as I know ideally it should be sitting around 80-90c for operating temp.

Would you have an aftermarket thermostat installed by any chance?

Any of you EP3 boys got a spare flywheel?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Nah oem thermostat, on idle it goes up to 80-85 degrees, it was a really cold and rainy day so that might have cooled the aluminum radiator a lot maybe

Has anyone tried mounting something similar to a STI vlip on ep3 under mugen lip? rather scrape up a cheap abs plastic lip than cracking the fibreglass mugen. dont want to use that tacky garage door seal shit

strong logic in this one
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Has anyone tried mounting something similar to a STI vlip on ep3 under mugen lip? rather scrape up a cheap abs plastic lip than cracking the fibreglass mugen. dont want to use that tacky garage door seal shit

strong logic in this one
    Just rivet some aluminum sheets under it as a scuff plate haha

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3

strong logic in this one
    Not with the Mugen but I did it for the Airwalker for the EXACT same reason LOL.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG

strong logic in this one
    Interested to know as well.