Page 1245 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2457451145119512351242124312441245124612471248125512951345 ... LastLast
Results 14,929 to 14,940 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    dont need to remove gearbox to remove starter motor.
    Didn't say you had to, just assumed if you were doing your clutch would be easier to do the starter at the same time, that said I've changed my clutch twice now and never changed the ring gear inside the starter, it makes a noise but doesn't seem to cause any apparent problems. But yes if you wanted to I think you could get to it from the top by removing the intake manifold.

Hey guys,

I've been having a headache checking out the Wheel Setup thread... I couldn't find a definite answer...

As some of you know, I'm helping a friend build up his EP3R... I found a set of rims 17 x 8.5 +30... Now I'm finding conflicting information some say it won't fit no matter what, some saying front will fit but rear won't? Some say it will fit going stretched and not too low...

Personally I'd be happier with 17 x 8... But he wants it pumped lol... Thoughts?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been having a headache checking out the Wheel Setup thread... I couldn't find a definite answer...

As some of you know, I'm helping a friend build up his EP3R... I found a set of rims 17 x 8.5 +30... Now I'm finding conflicting information some say it won't fit no matter what, some saying front will fit but rear won't? Some say it will fit going stretched and not too low...

Personally I'd be happier with 17 x 8... But he wants it pumped lol... Thoughts?
    I'm having this issue as well.

Also, I would like to upgrade to coil overs one day and lower my EP3 but have read that it'll worsen the handling. How would one go about lowering the car without sacrificing the handling? Or even better - improving it!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Hey guys,

Depends on the tyres that he'll be running. Fronts shouldn't be too much of an issue. Rears I scrub on 225/45 (tiny bit of stretch) with rolled guards and negative 2.5 degrees of camber. No issues with 215/45 on same setup though.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Hey guys,

My mate ran 17x8.5 +30 CE28.

Originally came with fat tyres - 235/45/17. That pretty much ate away the plastic splash guards at the front.

So in the end for it to work, he had 215/45/17 (stretched) tyres and the rear guard rolled.

Couple guys here run 17x9 no probs. have a look at rps.13s thread, he doesnt run over board stretch either.

As for its
    Affect on handling that depends on the ride height, i heard roll centre adjusters help.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    Couple guys here run 17x9 no probs. have a look at rps.13s thread, he doesnt run over board stretch either.

As for its
    Affect on handling that depends on the ride height, i heard roll centre adjusters help.
    215/45 on 9" rim is considerably stretched lol. Not to mentikn that amount of negative camber he had to run at that height haha!

That's 17x9 +18 though....

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    215/45 on 9" rim is considerably stretched lol. Not to mentikn that amount of negative camber he had to run at that height haha!

I swear he wasnt running 215s lol. Brb gonna go thru his entire thread again!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragon^^ View Post
    I'm having this issue as well.

Also, I would like to upgrade to coil overs one day and lower my EP3 but have read that it'll worsen the handling. How would one go about lowering the car without sacrificing the handling? Or even better - improving it!
    The EP3 being Macpherson @ the front means its hyper sensitive to suspension changes, the force exerted on the driver is a few times more than that if the car had double wishbone. Coilovers in general tend to run stiff spring rate & the cheaper ones also tend to be underdampened thus the very very harsh ride to the point where its dangerous. Personally I think run softish good quality coilovers [Think like Bilstein for example], couple that with swaybars and suspension bushes. This should provide a comfortable ride while not exhibiting harsh characteristics. This setup has worked on my friend's car a treat, I was able to get the car to ride most of Sydney tarmac special stages without his gf complaining so mission accomplished for me hahaha.

Depends on the tyres that he'll be running. Fronts shouldn't be too much of an issue. Rears I scrub on 225/45 (tiny bit of stretch) with rolled guards and negative 2.5 degrees of camber. No issues with 215/45 on same setup though.
    Hey Symphorced! Ahhhh icic! I'm certainty hoping not to go too stretched, defeats the purpose of me making it go faster... White TE37s in 17 x 8.5 on a White EP3R... *drools* I might post up some more stuff about this project EP3R later =) How is it on full lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    My mate ran 17x8.5 +30 CE28.

Originally came with fat tyres - 235/45/17. That pretty much ate away the plastic splash guards at the front.

So in the end for it to work, he had 215/45/17 (stretched) tyres and the rear guard rolled.
    Eeeeee... Munched the guards... Damn...

Hey guys,

I'm running 17x8.5+30 right now. I use a 224/45/17 tyre all round. I have BC BR coilovers and dont have much of a wheel gap. I run -3.5 front and -2.5 rear camber setups and it sits very very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dnapol View Post
    I'm running 17x8.5+30 right now. I use a 224/45/17 tyre all round. I have BC BR coilovers and dont have much of a wheel gap. I run -3.5 front and -2.5 rear camber setups and it sits very very nice.
    Sexy thanks man... How much modification work did you have to do?

Would you have a picture by any chance? =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3

Lol 215/45 on 9 inches is not bad! 175/50 on 9 inches is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqv1uZqyN-w