Page 1357 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 35785712571307134713541355135613571358135913601367 ... LastLast
Results 16,273 to 16,284 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

What are the stock wheel specifications?
    Most say 17x7 +45. Just to clarify.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by mryangtastic View Post
    What are the stock wheel specifications?
    Most say 17x7 +45. Just to clarify.
    correcto
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    anyone know the weight of the stock suspension on the ep3r?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

EP3 Type R

Ok cleaning my car n for reason decided to remove the part of my dash where the handbrake is and pocket etc.

And I've encountered this plug, does anyone have any idea what it's used for?

mmmmmmmmmm EM1

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by latinstyle69 View Post
    Ok cleaning my car n for reason decided to remove the part of my dash where the handbrake is and pocket etc.

And I've encountered this plug, does anyone have any idea what it's used for?

It's defs not oem, try tracing the wires and see what they're connected to, could be the previous owner had gauges? (Ground, power, illuminate and sensor)

Secret turbo switch maybe
    Last edited by UNA91; 24-06-2014 at 10:51 AM.

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Thanks man yeah I tried I pretty much have to pull out the head deck n all to continue tracing it, was too much effort at the time haha
    mmmmmmmmmm EM1

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by latinstyle69 View Post
    Well if price wise is worth it then I just might, how much r the tie rods?
    I've got some DC5 tein monoflex + DC5R tie rod ends for sale. Coilovers will need the lower hub mount replaced though.
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

Exclamation

Guys I've got a problem that I've been trying to fix on my 02 EP3R for a very long time now. The whole EP3 suspension set up is headache....

Every time VTEC hits, my steering just goes unstable, shaking left and right even when I'm trying to keep it going straight. It's almost like abnormal torque/bump steer!
    This started happening ever since I got new wheels fitted and adjusted the height.

At the moment
    I'm running BC BR coilovers + Todd's Adjustable Tie Rods.
    WHEEL SPECS:
    Front - 17x9+35 225/45 w/ -1.5 camber
    Rears - 17x8+32 215/40 w/ -2.6/-2.1 camber

At first, a mechanic told me my front tyres were pretty worn out so I thought I'd go with some brand new pair of Nankang NS2R Street Edition but it didn't help as much.
    THIS PROBLEM NEVER HAPPENED when I was running my stockies so I tried putting them back on earlier today (still plenty of tread all around) and it didn't help, if anything it was somehow worse?

Here's an attachment of my latest wheel alignment details

I've got -1.5 camber at the fronts from the adjustable BC BR coils
    AND
    -2.6/-2.1 natural camber at the rears

Could it be the camber is way off at the rears compared to the front? Would Rear Camber Arms solve this problem? OR Worn steering rack maybe?
    Please give me some feedbacks and assistance!
    Last edited by SHRUKA; 28-06-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    EP3 TYPER

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    i've been told some toe in at the front will help off the line take offs, and ideally you'd want more camber on the front than the rears. Rear camber arms would be a good idea since the natural camber is compromising your handling performance anyway. I just got my alignment yesterday and it was all out of whack, but after that it felt like a breeze to drive again. Turns feel more positive and predictable

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    I'm running same front camber as yours but my rear is -2 cant remember my toe setting but its pretty close to 0. How low is your car?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    It's not that low. Prob like an inch or more thread left on the coils.

It's about an inch above the tyres all around.
    EP3 TYPER

Try upgrading your tie rod ends, that should help.

My EP does that too, but it's not really bad. Only time it was really bad was the first time I took it for a spin after installing my engine mounts. When it hit vtec, it steered my into the opposite lane!

I also notice it gets worse as you go up in wheel/tyre width. On my stock wheels, it's pretty normal, 205/45/17. On my 17x9 regamasters it's probably the worst, 215/45/17.

I recently change from a 16x8 185/55/16, to a 16x8.5 205/50/16 and notice it is more twitchy when accelerating through vtec. Again, it's not that bad.

Try changing your front wheels back to stock if you can, see if it goes away. That way you can test and rule out if it's and alignment issue or if something is broken/worn.

Btw, I'm currently running a bit of toe out in the front. Zero toe in the rear. Around -3.0 front, -5.0 rear camber.