Page 1221 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2217211121117112111218121912201221122212231224123112711321 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,652 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 EP3R
    If I put the car under my dads name insurance would be affordable, but once I list my name as one of the drivers it goes through the roof.

I know with Just Cars it says you must state the youngest driver, but with NRMA it says list any regular driver so can I not be listed and still be covered and argue that I'm not a regular driver if something was ever to happen?
    Last edited by CrazyPotato; 13-02-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPotato View Post
    If I put the car under my dads name insurance would be affordable, but once I list my name as one of the drivers it goes through the roof.

I know with Just Cars it says you must state the youngest driver, but with NRMA it says list any regular driver so can I not be listed and still be covered and argue that I'm not a regular driver if something was ever to happen?
    Not likely, all insurance companies have teams of investigators who see this exact same story all day everyday. It would be highly unlikely for them to believe your dad is the owner and daily driver of a Civic Type R (demographic profiling, bad but it's the way it works), while you just drive it every now and then.

You see the odd person getting away with it because they never have to make a claim so it's never investigated, but if you have an accident then pray you're not one of the cases where your insurance policy is cancelled and you are held liable for potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
    Last edited by geeang; 13-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    I love being a 34yr old EP3 tragic . . . Shannon's look after me for $52 a month!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Hi everyone!
    I just bought an ep3 so i thought i'd introduce my self here!
    It's basically stock except for Pedders Coilovers and an s2000 Steering wheel.
    First mods probably be I/H/E, obviously
    Thinking GruppeM after what i've read here, but also don't wanna pay that much for an intake, because i'm a cheapo.
    AEM v2 was also high on the list along with the Injen CAI. if anyone has any comments about these that be awesome (or want to sell me one) =] (i know about the search function)
    Was also wondering what kind of oils you guys use because i wanna service my car relatively soon
    Anyways, thanks for reading this!

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by markkkwan View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I just bought an ep3 so i thought i'd introduce my self here!
    It's basically stock except for Pedders Coilovers and an s2000 Steering wheel.
    First mods probably be I/H/E, obviously
    Thinking GruppeM after what i've read here, but also don't wanna pay that much for an intake, because i'm a cheapo.
    AEM v2 was also high on the list along with the Injen CAI. if anyone has any comments about these that be awesome (or want to sell me one) =] (i know about the search function)
    Was also wondering what kind of oils you guys use because i wanna service my car relatively soon
    Anyways, thanks for reading this!
    I have an INJEN CAI for EP3R (replaced with GruppeM for wank-factor), but only if you're in NSW lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    haha i would love that, unfortunately i'm not in NSW
    i'm from Melbourne. Thanks for the reply though!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3

Nrma will cover any driver.. Haven't u seen the ad. Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Nrma will cover any driver.. Haven't u seen the ad. Lol
    Be careful with that, I am reliably informed that this is only true when the owner of the car is actually IN the car with the driver . . .

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 EP3
    Anyone know anything about putting a roof rack for surf board on the ep3? What model and how much would be good. Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 EP3R
    All sorted out called them up, they said the car can be under my parents name and if I crash I just have to pay a higher excess fee.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    All sorted out called them up, they said the car can be under my parents name and if I crash I just have to pay a higher excess fee.

Nice!
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    That's what I thought, the ads would be completely misleading otherwise.. "reliably informed" haha