Page 1209 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2097091109115911991206120712081209121012111212121912591309 ... LastLast
Results 14,497 to 14,508 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Anyone here running aftermarket shifter cables in their ep's? If so what are your thoughts on them and what brand are you running? The rubber boot near the linkage on the gear box has popped off again, after I glued it with Rapid-Fix for the 2nd time. I'm looing at getting the Hybrid Racing ones, but am unsure if they'll fit for the JDM model and can't really justify the price as yet.

As mentioned already, go to any exhaust shop, they should be able to cut or rebend your hangers and get it to sit a bit higher. I put a heap of cable ties around the muffler rubber hangers, to stop them from sagging so much, which helped raise it a few mm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    Anyone here running aftermarket shifter cables in their ep's? If so what are your thoughts on them and what brand are you running? The rubber boot near the linkage on the gear box has popped off again, after I glued it with Rapid-Fix for the 2nd time. I'm looing at getting the Hybrid Racing ones, but am unsure if they'll fit for the JDM model and can't really justify the price as yet.

As mentioned already, go to any exhaust shop, they should be able to cut or rebend your hangers and get it to sit a bit higher. I put a heap of cable ties around the muffler rubber hangers, to stop them from sagging so much, which helped raise it a few mm.
    I snapped my cable guide a while back when installing some billet bushings too, hybrid racing only very recently started making billet shifter cables for the EP3, and as far as I know is currently the only solution for EP3's at the moment.

Would really like to see what your impressions are if you decide to get them

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Sorry guys noob question. Just got my ecu back from kpro install. What's the go with laptop plug ins. Read about usb's as well..
    All I've got is the ecu. Again.. apologies for the noob post.
    letmegooglethatforyou-_-

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    I snapped my cable guide a while back when installing some billet bushings too, hybrid racing only very recently started making billet shifter cables for the EP3, and as far as I know is currently the only solution for EP3's at the moment.

Would really like to see what your impressions are if you decide to get them
    pics on your EP3 geeang =) I assume the cable guide will only snap when your changing the bushings yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    pics on your EP3 geeang =) I assume the cable guide will only snap when your changing the bushings yeah?
    Yep exactly, had to replace the entire shifter cables because of that stupid mistake lol

Just one pic for now:

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    @geeang: what tyre and wheel specs?

@brody: you should have a USB connection coming out from the ECU to plug into your laptop.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    yea i thought it was abit low, idk if its because they had modified the test pipe section since they said it was about 2 inches longer and didn't bolt up to the mid pipe. My resonator also looks lower than usual, about the same height as the mid pipe, but it has no scrape marks so it must've sat higher before since my mid pipe has always been all scraped up. One thing about this headers is that it doesn't have hangers like the oem one did near the cat. Maybe i can get the hangers where it connects the axle back shortened, would that help? I put a jack under the exhaust and it seems that it can be made to sit a little higher.

You can see theres abit of room between the heatshield and the pipe

'
    they modified my test pipe as well. I saw them chop some of it off

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post

@brody: you should have a USB connection coming out from the ECU to plug into your laptop.
    Yeh got it haha. Saw the connection but thought they might've forgotten to give me the cable. Turns out I can just use my printer USB cable. Cheers
    letmegooglethatforyou-_-

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    RPF1 - 17x9 +35
    RE002 - 225/45/17
    Rear needs to be lowered (which is obvious) but I've been far too lazy to get around to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Rear will most likely scrub if you lower it more. I run for track x8.5 +30 with 225/45 on the rears with -2 degree camber and I scrub. Your set up will sit out a touch more too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    I've got neomax silver's from shift performance. bumpy ride but cheap at $1300.
    How did you end up fitting the neos? The strut bolts are not 16mm but are 14mm?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Rear will most likely scrub if you lower it more. I run for track x8.5 +30 with 225/45 on the rears with -2 degree camber and I scrub. Your set up will sit out a touch more too.
    You could roll you guards and trim the plastic on the bumper so you won't scrub. I ran some aggressive offset with barely any negative camber and got away with it.