Page 1069 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 69569969101910591066106710681069107010711072107911191169 ... LastLast
Results 12,817 to 12,828 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    if u want a lowering rail, get the Vanners Special ones (it drops 5cm). all the others only drop around 2cm and the difference isn't big compared to stock seat.

i went from stock to Vision (-2cm) then Vanners and never looked back.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

+1 for the Vanners Tuner Special seat rail. One of the best mods I've done to the EP, even when it was relatively stock. The lowered seating position, completely changed the driving experience.

From memory it dropped the seat approximately 5.7-5.9cm at all the points I measured it.

Purchased through Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    On the topic of Jesse Streeter, I was thinking about seeing if he can supply OEM parts, which I assume from his website he can. Only thing I was thinking was that they may not be readily available in Japan anymore given the age of the EP3. I know here in Aus most manufacturers only stock things for a specific period of time, anyone know what its like in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
    On the topic of Jesse Streeter, I was thinking about seeing if he can supply OEM parts, which I assume from his website he can. Only thing I was thinking was that they may not be readily available in Japan anymore given the age of the EP3. I know here in Aus most manufacturers only stock things for a specific period of time, anyone know what its like in Japan?
    I went to a Honda dealer here before because I was after a side mirror for my ep3. They said they don't have it in stock but if I wanted they could order one in for me form Japan, so in the process I asked if I could order any other parts and they said that I could pretty much order any part but it just may take some time for the order to come from Japan. (I didn't end up ordering because I saw a cheaper one from eBay lol)

So maybe they are readily available in Japan?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    Yeah I spoke to a really honest parts guy at the local Honda dealer today, he told me he could get anything, but added that it takes very long time. Apparently there is one guy in Melbourne @ Honda who is responsible for all of the import parts and in the words of the guy I spoke to 'It isn't his highest priority' lol. Might flick Jesse an email and see. Surely its gotta be cheaper direct from Japan as opposed to the UK or SuperGT etc? Having said that, given that they were manufactured in the UK, I could be wrong . . . anyone?

I actually found buying parts coming from UK cheaper rather than ordering from Japan. Maybe it was just that one product though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    I was under the impression that, dealership would stock any spare parts for any car up 10-15 years depending on the car manufacturer?.

if they dont have it in stock then i assume importing a certain part wouldnt be any hassle. Good family friend that works at honda explained to me that, a lot of the oem parts (depending on what it is) could be easily sourced from japan now, due to the fact that the new Jazz(MY12) is now shipped/manufactured from Japan and that a lot of the oem parts can just come on the same ship. he may be wrong? but i dont know im always under the impression Jazz was made in thailand?

but who knows i got a pair of ballast from honda spare parts within a week for my FL H.I.Ds, hassle free lol~
    Last edited by Icebox; 30-05-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    On average what are most people getting out of a full tank? I only got 350km's is that normal for city driving?
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    On average what are most people getting out of a full tank? I only got 350km's is that normal for city driving?
    When you say a full tank, do you mean until the light comes on? My light has been on and off for the last 3 days driving to work and back depending on whether I am going up hill or down. I'm getting 320-340k out of $40 (bout 25-27 litres) each week before I get tired of playing chicken with the fuel light. It's not my preferred option, but my fuel budget set by the minister for war and financial affairs in my house insists that this is my limit for the week . . .

You should be getting a shedload more than 350 from a tank unless your driving everywhere at 9000rpm . . . I'm certainly not driving miss daisy on my way to the figures mentioned above.

when i fill up completely, i've covered at least 200kms usually at half tank.. =\
    Only running injen cai and subo rm01a.
    A lot of spirited driving too..
    Of course if you vtec every set of lights you're gonna be getting a lot less as JC said :P

Would also depend on how much time you spend sitting in heavy traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
    When you say a full tank, do you mean until the light comes on? My light has been on and off for the last 3 days driving to work and back depending on whether I am going up hill or down. I'm getting 320-340k out of $40 (bout 25-27 litres) each week before I get tired of playing chicken with the fuel light. It's not my preferred option, but my fuel budget set by the minister for war and financial affairs in my house insists that this is my limit for the week . . .

You should be getting a shedload more than 350 from a tank unless your driving everywhere at 9000rpm . . . I'm certainly not driving miss daisy on my way to the figures mentioned above.
    Well until this tank I have only filled up about $40 or so as petrol was spastic at $1.45 a litre here a few weeks back. I filled up $50 last week or what not reset the counter and just got the light now after 350km's. I dont go vtecing every where and I normally shift up at 3k and rev it up slowly and then cruise in 5th@ 60km/h. And lol man you only get a $40 allowance per week for fuel?? Im never getting married and you live in your own communist russia at your house

Quote Originally Posted by aRze View Post
    when i fill up completely, i've covered at least 200kms usually at half tank.. =\
    Only running injen cai and subo rm01a.
    A lot of spirited driving too..
    Of course if you vtec every set of lights you're gonna be getting a lot less as JC said :P

Would also depend on how much time you spend sitting in heavy traffic.
    I dont really have heavy heavy traffic as I drive to work after 9:30-10am and leave mostly after 6:30pm, but like I said I dont vtec hardly at all, maybe 5-6 times a week.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    I'm not married mate . . . yet! Soviet Russia has got nothing on this 5hit . . . you should have seen the negotiation process I had to go through to even GET an EP3! I sold a car that cost more than twice as much as the one I have now and I still had to fill out the form and wait in the queue . . .

You should be thankful for fuel at $1.45 mate . . . I got there first thing this morning at the cheapest point in the cycle and still paid $1.49.9 for 98 octane . . . QLD used to have a nice fat 8c per litre fuel subsidy, but thanks to our now ex-premier Anna Bligh, the state is now basically fcuked unless your involved in the mining industry.