Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    No, mine worked fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    fog lights would be unhooked or removed to comply with ADRs, but most imports yards re install them afterwards b4 they sell em.
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    The foggies have been hooked up now. Man it was an effort getting to the wires. Cant be bothered trying to figure out how to fix the central locking. Just hook up a new one with a new alarm too. But if anyone has any ideas, pls share?

Just went for a drive in my car without the muffler! Man is it so much more responsive. The mid range increase was massive. I know it wont last obviously due to new exhaust fitment.

Also I was quite surprised the exhaust note at that it is not so tinny like most 4cyls. This is my first N/A performance car since my first car, which was a Corolla :P

Let you know how it goes.

NightRyder - How you going with yours?
    Last edited by Nepolian; 05-11-2007 at 08:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    wow nice nepolian. Im still sussing out what i should get done to my ep3 but the amount of money u have to pay for a good exhaust system with extractors is scary hahaha hmm i might just upgrade the intake first i supose. k&n good for ep3 u guys reckon ? or what would u guys recommend for ep3 ??

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Yeah, the exhaust isnt cheap but I'm lucky in that I have some bit left around from my other cars.

The way I see is that the intake will only work well if you have an exhaust. If you cant get out what you put in then it doesnt work.

Honestly after seeing the extractors that came out of the EP3, its probably better not to upgrade them as they are quite expensive and the originals ones are quite good. Spend the money on the exhaust.....ie. high flow cat and good cat back.

Hey Steve, I have this for sale if you want it.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78302

I'm installing an TRUST SRI which I had from my Soarer.
    Last edited by Nepolian; 05-11-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    woohoo!...slowly getting a group of ep3 owners growing...hehe

Nepolian, my car is going well..still stock atm as I'm thinking of purchasing a new ride to work that has two wheels...hehe... :P

Also thinking of getting a new stero deck for my car since the one in there atm is making squeaking sounds when playing CD.

You guys recommend any new decks?..

Then I am going to save up for an intake, then exhaust..

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    Nepolian: how did you find the trust filter compared to stock?
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Dont think it did much for me as the car was dead stock. I am sure it would make a difference when an exhaust is installed.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    hey anyone know if the ep3 can go over 180klms/hr or is the computer wont let it pass that ? just realised 2day that speedometer only goes to 180 so im thinking that japan put the limiter on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    what??..u planning to drive 180km/h + some where?..hehe..gee..u're keen.

No, i think if it passes 180 it will just stay on it until you reduce speed..don't think it would be limited..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    hey anyone know if the ep3 can go over 180klms/hr or is the computer wont let it pass that ? just realised 2day that speedometer only goes to 180 so im thinking that japan put the limiter on it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Probably limited to 180km/h as required by Japan regulations. It's a fuel cut off I think.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Probably limited to 180km/h as required by Japan regulations. It's a fuel cut off I think.
    Yeah, I think Kpros and that lifts the limiter. Cant c where in Sydney you can do that these days? May be on the track