Page 1287 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 287787118712371277128412851286128712881289129012971337 ... LastLast
Results 15,433 to 15,444 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Haha if you gonna put it in soon let me know if its the right one!
    Nah not yet. On next service but still some more km to go. Just ask jdmconcept for the part number

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Is the rbc intake manifold a direct bolt on or do I need to make some modifications?
    Last edited by UNA91; 03-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    Is the rbc intake manifold a direct bolt on or do I need to make some modifications?
    You'll most likely need to bash out the radiator support to get it to fit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Is an rbc manifold worth it tho? I'll be getting kpro this week so I thought maybe it might be worth getting before a tune. But I'm also considering a new exhaust. What are the gains going from 2.25 inch to 2.5 inch vs getting a RBC?

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Is an rbc manifold worth it tho? I'll be getting kpro this week so I thought maybe it might be worth getting before a tune. But I'm also considering a new exhaust. What are the gains going from 2.25 inch to 2.5 inch vs getting a RBC?

Gains will be seen when upgraded in conjuction with with a Kpro, as well as a 70mm throttle body.

In regards to exhaust sizing, go to a 2.75in or 3in exhaust for best power and torque gains
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    RBC is definitely worth it, just depends on whether or not you are willing to make it fit. Ultimately if you are going to the lengths to get it tuned, you want an RBC + minimum 2.5" exhaust. What header are you using? Thats where the real gains are...
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    What josh said ^^ lol
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Headers are plm, which i think might be leaking around the slip joint. Money is restriction there's a guy selling a brand new rbc manifold, modificated to be a straight swap for the ep3 and dc5 engines.

To make it fit on the ep3 there was an installation guide in his ad where he just undid the front support bolts and pushed it forward to make more space then redrilled the holes to for the bolt to go back on. Here it is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151091894071?redirect=mobile

He rabbles on alot about it lol but I'm deciding to get one or the other. Just wanted to see what would net greater gains by itself after a tune. I was considering 3" exhaust but every 3" I've heard sounds too loud and after a certain rpm it don't sound nice to my ears j's racing 70rr for example. Apparently lose some power too due to less back pressure or something :S I might get exhaust custom made by a good shop tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Headers are plm, which i think might be leaking around the slip joint. Money is restriction there's a guy selling a brand new rbc manifold, modificated to be a straight swap for the ep3 and dc5 engines.

To make it fit on the ep3 there was an installation guide in his ad where he just undid the front support bolts and pushed it forward to make more space then redrilled the holes to for the bolt to go back on. Here it is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151091894071?redirect=mobile

He rabbles on alot about it lol but I'm deciding to get one or the other. Just wanted to see what would net greater gains by itself after a tune. I was considering 3" exhaust but every 3" I've heard sounds too loud and after a certain rpm it don't sound nice to my ears j's racing 70rr for example. Apparently lose some power too due to less back pressure or something :S I might get exhaust custom made by a good shop tho.
    You're more than welcome to check my 3" setup out yourself one day man, I'm in Brisbane too.

I pieced mine together myself, using a Vibrant resonator and muffler, and 200cell metal cat. 3" mandrel bent stainless piping. All up together it was ~$1k in total including all fabrication labour and materials.

This is an idea of the sound (filmed in mexico lolol)

part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    Can I just say on a random note, thank you guys so much for all of your assistance since I have been on here. You guys have helped me with heaps of stuff and troubleshooting on the EP3. Sadly I need to sell it but so don't want to Have you guys got any ideas of good places to advertise such cars besides on here obviously? I have an interested buyer but she needs to sell her 8th Gen Type R first. I really want it to go to a good home and preferably to a Honda enthusiast. My family all have Honda's and we LOVE them, mum has an Accord and dad has a NSX Type R and I have the EP3 Type R. What do you all like the most about your EP3?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    Can I just say on a random note, thank you guys so much for all of your assistance since I have been on here. You guys have helped me with heaps of stuff and troubleshooting on the EP3. Sadly I need to sell it but so don't want to Have you guys got any ideas of good places to advertise such cars besides on here obviously? I have an interested buyer but she needs to sell her 8th Gen Type R first. I really want it to go to a good home and preferably to a Honda enthusiast. My family all have Honda's and we LOVE them, mum has an Accord and dad has a NSX Type R and I have the EP3 Type R. What do you all like the most about your EP3?
    Does your dad own a yellow NA1R by any chance?
    Sad to hear your selling up =(

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    I was just wondering, anyone have any 0-100 km/h times?

I've done some dodgy iPhone passenger timings, nothing to serious but I get times from 5.8 - 6.3 seconds; depending on how well I launch.
    Keep in mind I have some shitty as Sailun tires.

Anyone getting better times?

Also how do our EP3's go against the more recognized sports cars such as EVO 7/8's, 06 WRX STI's, R34 GTR in terms of 0-100 KM/H?