Page 1334 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413311332133313341335133613371344 ... LastLast
Results 15,997 to 16,008 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    That was my initial thought but I've started steering towards the idea of buying the 2nd hand coils for track day coming up. It'll be the first time I'm tracking so If I really like the whole idea of tracking I'll eventually save up for better coils in the future.

Just really wanted to know if coils wear out quickly or should a set of one year old BCBRs last me a while until I get more coin?
    You're better off buying new coils if you want the best out of it, not just for tracking but also for daily. I wouldn't buy a second hand part that's subjected to all kinds of abuse (both user, mechanical and environmental) and wear and tear. Especially on such a vital part of the car. But that's just my opinion
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    You're better off buying new coils if you want the best out of it, not just for tracking but also for daily. I wouldn't buy a second hand part that's subjected to all kinds of abuse (both user, mechanical and environmental) and wear and tear. Especially on such a vital part of the car. But that's just my opinion
    Ah true true, in that case which coils would you recommend? I hear that BC BRs are good but aren't the greatest for track purposes.

I'm looking for a daily that would perform well on the tracks.

There is an upside to buying used coils though, you can be sure that they aren't gonna break when you put them in.

Sure they might wear out sooner, but that's why you just take them apart and rebuild them

Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    There is an upside to buying used coils though, you can be sure that they aren't gonna break when you put them in.

Sure they might wear out sooner, but that's why you just take them apart and rebuild them
    If they're rebuildable and if there is someone in the country to do a proper job of rebuilding them. Beware of suspension joints that claim they can rebuild any coilover, ensure they use the parts direct from manufacturer and to manufacturer specs, otherwise you'd be blowing a good deal of $$$ for a crap refresh that will last you less than 6mths...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Lol I've always rebuilt mine diy style. If planning to do it diy, stay away from tien as they refuse to sell components to public so I was forced to use bilstien bits... Took a while to measure everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    Lol I've always rebuilt mine diy style. If planning to do it diy, stay away from tien as they refuse to sell components to public so I was forced to use bilstien bits... Took a while to measure everything up.
    Fulcrum not willing to sell parts to you?

At the time, they said they couldnt get the bits i needed. Maybe the parts were already discontinued (highly possible).

Edit: Car was a 280ZX.
    Last edited by Chernoby1; 12-01-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Ohhhhhh, the 280ZX, definitely discontinued, they'd be on a custom basis iirc... Even from Tein JP...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    BC Racing coilovers are cheap enough already brand new.

I wouldn't even bother rebuilding them. Just buy a new one if any start leaking.

yo tim

you ran 17x8.5 +30 at some stage yeah? can i pull it off with -1 all round on 215/45? i know 225/45 needs a bit more neg
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Im assuming all guards are rolled?

I think you can pull it off......

I was on tein springs with 17*9+35 and 215/45 and it was okay. I scrubbed at the fronts cause my shock absorbers were worn. Rears were fine

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    yo tim

you ran 17x8.5 +30 at some stage yeah? can i pull it off with -1 all round on 215/45? i know 225/45 needs a bit more neg
    Fronts will clear fine. Rears you shooould be ok depending on what tyre you run. I had -2.5 camber on the rear with 225/45 and still scrubbed like crazy with Hankook RS3s (massive sidewalls) but have heard of others not having any issues whatsoever with same setup and different brand of tyres.