Page 1381 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711378137913801381138213831384 LastLast
Results 16,561 to 16,572 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Gruppe m intake is a must imo

Quote Originally Posted by DRMZON View Post
    What is the plan for the car? Do you plan on tracking the car? Or just street/spirited driving?
    Just street/spirited driving. No plans of taking it to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by zpG View Post
    Just street/spirited driving. No plans of taking it to the track.
    Gruppe M and Mugen twinloop is a great sound together ^_^, the car handles better at stock height and the stock suspension is great! So I wouldn't say Coilovers is much needed

You can use the stock Japanese headunit mounting kit, but best of luck finding a fasica plate to make it look all smooth similar to how they have in the USA, ive bought 3 from ebay they all said "yep will fit" i sent them pics and all and still didnt fit right.

Really want a proper fascia so its all smooth and looks like it fits properly, atm it just has this gap

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I've owned and EP3 for about a year now and i have some issues with bump steer.
    At slow speeds, over bumpy roads the cars steers violently to the left and I hear slight knocks.
    Also the steering wheel is not centered, (pulls to the right, when i try and center it)

I have had the wheel alignment done twice now and it corrects it for a while, but after a couple of weeks it goes back.

So far i have done the top mounts, sway bar end links and wheel alignment.
    Nothing seems to have fixed it for good.
    Wondering if it is worth doing the steering rack slider and ball joints? as these can cause issues as well
    Or maybe just go somewhere and get a proper alignment?

The car is running stock suspension and aftermarket wheels 17x7.5 +40

Any advice would be much appreciated

What do you mean a "proper" alignment? Are you just doing your alignment: at home? Have a look at your tie rod ends and also your drive shafts for any leaks or excessive play in them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    What do you mean a "proper" alignment? Are you just doing your alignment: at home? Have a look at your tie rod ends and also your drive shafts for any leaks or excessive play in them.
    Nah I've had a mechanic do the wheel alignment.
    But I've read that there is a difference between getting a wheel alignment and a proper suspension geo setup

Quote Originally Posted by ricciardi80 View Post
    Nah I've had a mechanic do the wheel alignment.
    But I've read that there is a difference between getting a wheel alignment and a proper suspension geo setup
    100% goto a shop with a 4 wheel alignment machine will fix your problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    100% goto a shop with a 4 wheel alignment machine will fix your problem.
    Will do, thanks for the help.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by ricciardi80 View Post
    I've owned and EP3 for about a year now and i have some issues with bump steer.
    At slow speeds, over bumpy roads the cars steers violently to the left and I hear slight knocks.
    Also the steering wheel is not centered, (pulls to the right, when i try and center it)

I have had the wheel alignment done twice now and it corrects it for a while, but after a couple of weeks it goes back.

So far i have done the top mounts, sway bar end links and wheel alignment.
    Nothing seems to have fixed it for good.
    Wondering if it is worth doing the steering rack slider and ball joints? as these can cause issues as well
    Or maybe just go somewhere and get a proper alignment?

The car is running stock suspension and aftermarket wheels 17x7.5 +40

Any advice would be much appreciated
    If wheel alignment isn't fixing your issue, you may need to check out for worn bushing and suspension components.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    If wheel alignment isn't fixing your issue, you may need to check out for worn bushing and suspension components.
    For the record got the wheel alignment done today, all four wheels. The rear toe was out by 3mm and front was out by 1mm.
    It feels better, but there is still slight bump steer at slow speeds.

I think you are right though. So far I've replaced the front sway bar drop links and top mounts.
    I've had the suspension checked and there is no play in any suspension components.
    I suspect it is the steering rack slider due to the play in the steering wheel when the car is stationary.
    Last edited by ricciardi80; 06-08-2015 at 06:20 PM.

My Whiteline sway bar and RM01A are vibrating against each other...
    Until today... The vibrations stopped.
    I look under the car and the driver side as completely disconnected...
    If anyone has been in this situation what did you do?
    Did you end up selling the bar for another? Go back to stock? Stiffen exhaust hangers?
    I want to know what works.
    Using Tapatalk