Page 14 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    hey ep3 owners, the ep3 has caught my eye since im looking for a manual car to drive but ive noticed that there was a facelift ? 2005 model ? whats the difference in between the two ? and does the previous 05 model have 16" instead of 17" or are they all 16" rims ?
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    hey ep3 owners, the ep3 has caught my eye since im looking for a manual car to drive but ive noticed that there was a facelift ? 2005 model ? whats the difference in between the two ? and does the previous 05 model have 16" instead of 17" or are they all 16" rims ?
    Face lift model has changes to the front suspension geometry to minimise understeer reported in the preface lift version. Face lift also has a lightened flywheel compared to the preface lift version. Other than that, the tail lights and front lights are also different on the facelift as they have "altezza rear lights" and projector front headlights.

Both uses 17" wheels, there was never a 16" rim for the JDM EP3.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    dam i got the 2002 model. i wonder if there is must difference in power between the 2002 and facelift.. i wonder if there a lil difference with the lighter flywheel at all and the improved suspension.

also the facelifted version has 2 tone (black and red) racaros seats

and also foglights

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Mine has foggies?? Same performance from engine as far as I know.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    dam i got the 2002 model. i wonder if there is must difference in power between the 2002 and facelift.. i wonder if there a lil difference with the lighter flywheel at all and the improved suspension.

also the facelifted version has 2 tone (black and red) racaros seats

and also foglights
    Same power output, but lightened flywheel helps alittle in 0-100m sprints or 1/4 mile, only slightly though.

I driven a 2005 model and the clutch and lift off seems lighter than my 2002 model.

Whereas for the improved suspension, IMHO the difference is minimal if there is any at all. 2002 model's tail end is very lively and so is 2005 model.

I guess the better way to compare the 2 is on the tracks. For a lousy driver like me maybe there isn't much difference but I would suspect between 2 professionals, the 2005 model will be sliiiiiiightly quicker on the track, but not by much. (stock vs stock)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Jack all difference if you're gonna mod it tho!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    hehehe meh im pretty happy with my 2002 model though the facelift version has better headlights and tail lights.

But yeah my 2002 is stock and still goes like a rocket im pretty happy with it hehe cant wait to take it on a track run

ran my car at calder on fri night didn't go to bad considering it was damn hot..
    temp on track was 37degrees
    ran a best time of 14.38
    not to bad considering it is bone stock..how i picked it up a week and a half ago...absolutley no mods at all
    still getting used to the car how it launches etc but basically just wanted to set a time as a bench mark for my mods to come
    still quite happy with the result

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    wow good job EGBOY nice time
    yeah im still getting use to clutch on the ep3 its amazing. Im still stalling the car and sometimes crunching gears hehehe i better ease up hehe the shifting is heaps different and so tight and spot on campared to my previous car the sss n15. ep3 is a pleasure to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Good time EGBOY. Thats about what I would expect for a stocker. DC5's run bout 14.2 with intake and catback.

It'll sound better when you do the intake

yeah, i did it as a base to improve upon..
    before many mods go ahead..
    quad throttle bodies on their way from states as we speak as is a new set of lightweight rims, hopefully they get here by christmas!

future plans
    K-pro (to run quads)
    avon slicks or something similar
    coilover..

then a head package like bc style need to up the power a bit.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Hi all EP3 owners here. Just went to the Ozhonda drag night and did a 13.9 on my second run......FYI
    Nice, how was your MPH/60ft??