Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    bigger power does not always mean the car is quicker. its how the car makes the power and how it gets the power to the ground

considering both cars are NA, i think that custom job h22/23 frankenstein might beat the JUN on a drag. however i doubt the same can be said for the track

do u mean standard internal h22/h23? if so it wont beat the jun h22

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    LOL STD internals on a Frankenstein what's the point it is just about impossible to do own. There are h22s over 300hp but drag only jun is 240whp
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    with all do respect... im sure the skyline WASNT turbo'd or they were in 5th gear lol Si has 118kw and VTir has 142-148kw, h22's have carbon weaved cylinder sleeves which are a no no for forged pistons unless you run low boost on them. and yes type s Gear is much stronger than standard and you can get higher comp pistons to fit OEM without any worries. pistons are around 800 for a descent set but you would upgrade rods and everything else not to mention you would have to sleeve the block with new iron sleeves which arent cheap and have the hole thing bored out to suit and blueprint the whole thing.... its not cheap ill tell you that. iv done it lol
    carbon weaved?

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    hmm sorry I meant to say fibre matrix don't know what fibre tho
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    GT-R N1 & EVO7

Wink

Logic Says:
    Go with its strengths + Reduce its weaknesses with...
    a) Cat-back light weight exhaust but check for droning noise at certain frequencies
    b) Hi-Flow Cat
    c) K&N filter
    d) Power-chip in the VTiR shifts Kw to 161
    e) 4WS or ATTS is different from my GTR in function but it can be aided with strut braces F & R which makes it corner far better than the Civic
    d) aluminium bonnet saves so many Kg
    e) Tanabe springs

as well as any other posts that won't fiddle with the engine that Honda makes so well !