Member Array
    Car:
    HONDA SK7

Ignition problem

Hi Guys

When i give the car has warmed up if i turn it off and try to turn back on it wont, if i let it cool down for like and hour then it will start again, i can clutch start the car in this process while it is warm, does anyone know what it could be, im thinking that the starter motor relay is heating up and not responding, Also it happens when i use Vtec alot, it didnt use to do this before i tuned it to allow vtec to kick in, could it be a ECU problem, I would much appreciate it if you guys can help me out
    MTR - Mad Turk Racing
    DA9 LS/Vtec V2,145.8kw ATW V2,PB 13.409@107mph 2.299 60ft.... 4.5 year old r888's
    DYNO DAVE TUNED
    Like a Post you See then hit me, PQ+

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Does the car crank but not fire,or just not crank at all when u try to restart?

If it does crank,then take a look at the main fuel relay.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post

+1 vote for this.
    My old car did it , started fine , but after awhile sitting in traffic would stall. Leave it for awhile to cool don and it was fine , but it would happen again.
    Replaced main relay and all was good.

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDA SK7
    Car doesnt crank at all, and wont crank untill the car is completely cool, after car is cooled down it will start i can turn it off and back on no problems, but after i go for a drive and plant it wont start once i turn it off, but night times its fine as the weatehr is cool and car doesnt heat up as much, im thinking its the starter motor playing up im going to do some checks on it and see how i go
    MTR - Mad Turk Racing
    DA9 LS/Vtec V2,145.8kw ATW V2,PB 13.409@107mph 2.299 60ft.... 4.5 year old r888's
    DYNO DAVE TUNED

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    +1 vote for this.
    My old car did it , started fine , but after awhile sitting in traffic would stall. Leave it for awhile to cool don and it was fine , but it would happen again.
    Replaced main relay and all was good.
    Why not change the main relay? Or if not test it out? Much cheaper option first.

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDA SK7
    yea thats what im going to do, coz i had the stalling problem yesterday, how can i test to see if it is gone, because it seems to be ok now but i dont want to be in teh same situation as yesterday
    MTR - Mad Turk Racing
    DYNO DAVE TUNED

try and borrow a known working one from someone with a similar aged car as yours. IF it still has the same problem then its not the main relay.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by sikisdr69 View Post
    Hi Guys

When i give the car has warmed up if i turn it off and try to turn back on it wont, if i let it cool down for like and hour then it will start again, i can clutch start the car in this process while it is warm, does anyone know what it could be, im thinking that the starter motor relay is heating up and not responding, Also it happens when i use Vtec alot, it didnt use to do this before i tuned it to allow vtec to kick in, could it be a ECU problem, I would much appreciate it if you guys can help me out

change yoru ICM

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDA SK7
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    change yoru ICM
    can you elaborate on ICM
    MTR - Mad Turk Racing
    DYNO DAVE TUNED

ICM = igniter unit for the dizzy

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Ignition Control Modual