Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Rang two honda dealerships today asking for front brake pad prices, got two different prices $170 or $177. One is $250 to install and other one is $290.
    Now i think thats a complete rip-off but obviously i would have to use original honda pads not to void warranty incase something happens or do i?

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    geezus that's a bit much for stock pads! I got my pads (Razztech compound for street)) for a similar price, and they are pretty damn nice....and as for installation, it is a walk in the park...VERY easy to do...dunno about voiding warranty, my EG Vti is kinda outta that period now :roll:

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    Quote Originally Posted by muli";p="114020
    Rang two honda dealerships today asking for front brake pad prices, got two different prices $170 or $177. One is $250 to install and other one is $290.
    Now i think thats a complete rip-off but obviously i would have to use original honda pads not to void warranty incase something happens or do i?
    mind me asking which honda dealer charge the cheapest one? might need to go there for cheap stuff hehe
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    $170 at highway honda in springwood and $177 in cleveland but im quite dissapointed with the honda service anyways, some service dealerships wanted $230 for 20000kms service, one was $250 and ended up getting it for $168 at another honda dealership

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Honda service is always rip off coz we need them to service our NEW car

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    just a update ended up getting the honda parts through a friend that can get cheap parts from few car dealers, ended up paying around $108 for them :=)

Member Array
    Car:
    VTI Jazz
    i'm getting Project U brake pads... are they any good compared to the OEM one?
    will your warranty voids if you change the pads?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Change the pads your self. It would take you 5 seconds seriously.
    check out for endless brake pads and calipers! They have your jazz front pads.
    www.centraxauto.com.au Australian distributor.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    Honda service is always rip off coz we need them to service our NEW car

That is 100% not true. You can service your car at ANY licensed mechanic and still retain the full factory warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    That is 100% not true. You can service your car at ANY licensed mechanic and still retain the full factory warranty.
    This is what I have to do. The closest dealership to me is about 1200 kms away. You are just supposed to use honda lubricants and parts. I got 10l of FEO oil and a few filters and some coolant sent up from Perth. I don't mind, it is good stuff anyway plus I have spares if I get in the shit. The dealer might tell you one thing, but if any of you have any questions regarding your car, CALL HONDA AUSTRALIA! They don't lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    Yeah but if you intend to sell your car it would be worth more if you state on your log book that it's serviced by honda all the time...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffy
    Yeah but if you intend to sell your car it would be worth more if you state on your log book that it's serviced by honda all the time...
    No. you might get more if you serviced every 5,000k instead of every 10,000k. Most people know that dealerships are dodgy anyway. What, you think that honda can change an oil filter better than elsewhere?