Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My orange light comes on around 450 mark and then I still drive for another 100kms and when I fill up it clicks at 55L.

Don't piss yourself when the orange light comes on. I can garentee you get another 150kms out of your tank when that happens.

check your tyre pressure.

Low air in tyres can increase drag and reduce economy by ALOT.

hey champ....omg my 97 manual prelude experiences the same thing....
    it has only 40-45L capacity tho...im pretty sure of that...but still only does 300km....around there....most of the time around 280km....its in quite good condition as well so i dunno wats wrong wif it.

would the sports exhaust have an effect on fuel consumption?

i might get that sensor thing checked as mentioned by sum1 earlier....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    ^^ ummm your pretty sure that ur tankn has a 40 to 45 L capacity?
    I've got some good news for you... It's 60 Litres =]
    Carry a jerry can with you if you dont believe me and watch your self hit the 500km mark with relative ease

^ x2 my civic has the capacity of 45L so yeah yours would be the 60 fo sure.

maybe you should just run it till u thnk its empty. then when you fill up see how much you filled up and then minus that from ur tank capactiy to give u an estimate of how much u had left =P
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Quote Originally Posted by robert112 View Post
    ^^ ummm your pretty sure that ur tankn has a 40 to 45 L capacity?
    I've got some good news for you... It's 60 Litres =]
    Carry a jerry can with you if you dont believe me and watch your self hit the 500km mark with relative ease
    hey rob.....um well if its 60L its even worse news for me....coz im still only hittin to about 300km per tank....i havent actually tried to run it until its almost empty....coz 1. i only had the car 2 months ago and still learning to drive the manual so havent driven it that often.....2. lol...wat if it runs outta petrol in my attempt to try to run it till its empty?.....neway im just jk wif number 2

but yer i was hoping that its 40L coz then a full tank of 300km wont be as bad as 300km = 60L tank.....the latter is so much worse

but honestly last time i filled it up.....it stops at 40ish sumthin L and it clicks.....shrugs....im quite confused....but i ll get back to u again on how many L it really is.

oh btw....i just checked out the officla prelude brochure...n it said 60L....so i must be wrong wifout trying to prove myself ............also it says that for fuel economy: 9.5L/100km for manual VTI-R .....and my car is prolly running 9.5L/72km....so pretty shit efficiency there.....boooo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    thats with optimal driving conditions ie something like 100km/hr with minimal stop start traffic with a brand new car.

an older car with traffic conditions can't expect to reach these figures. my friend bought a jaz and averages 6.5/100 the sticker says 5 something. its optimistic marketing

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    u guys have no idea what bad fuel econo is until uve owned a bridgeported turbo 13b rx7...

i use to get around 180km out of my full tank which was around 70l and thats driving nicely.. otherwise id get around 100... and @ 90 bucks a pop, its no fun trust me..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_screen View Post
    u guys have no idea what bad fuel econo is until uve owned a bridgeported turbo 13b rx7...

i use to get around 180km out of my full tank which was around 70l and thats driving nicely.. otherwise id get around 100... and @ 90 bucks a pop, its no fun trust me..
    thats almost a litre for kilometer... driving it 'nicely' as well? somethigns wrong there for yoru car to be almost rolling for 1 kilometer and use 1 litre of petrol, u'd literarly feel sick from all the fumes you'd be smelling...

something definately not right there. even 200km would be pretty low.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    i did feel sick.. my eyes burnt.. it had 4 x 1600cc injectors just sprayin fuel lol

not fun to drive! i was gettin abot 2km/lt

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    im the same as these boys 450ish around town, and 500 of highway driving

not the best for 60l tank but it is a quite large car

my old EG had 40L tank and i got same mileage sometimes more