Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MRH-22A View Post
    I dunno if it cut out or not when it was being dynoed... but what i do know is i have the speed limiter. I cant get past 180km/hr.

Could the dyno be dodgy? 106fwkw and a graph that shows 196km/hr.
    I can guarantee you the dyno isn't dodgy. And the power figures are correct.

BTW, the EG made just over 130kw the same day.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Maybe the rolling diameter of your tyres is larger than stock, giving it a higher top speed eventhough the VSS sees only 180km/h.
    I had my stockies on back then.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    I can guarantee you the dyno isn't dodgy. And the power figures are correct.

BTW, the EG made just over 130kw the same day.

Look man. I've got a dyno sheet from HiComp saying my car was doin over 190km/hr. I paid for the dyno run so give an explanation.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What was the tyre size on your stockies?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    They have never had any problems with any other cars and there are cars on there all the time. The dyno shows true power figures, not some of the happy figures that show up on other dynos. Apart from that the ET's and MPH that the drag car runs proves the dyno figures.

And just to prove it another way 2 VL Commodores with exactly the same setup made the same power and run the same times, 1 from Hi-Comp, the other from another workshop. 2 different dynos out exactly the same amount, I don't think so.

I'm not saying your making it up, I'm just saying the dyno isn't out.
    Last edited by grumpy rooster; 11-10-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    What was the tyre size on your stockies?
    cant remember... but i think it was 195/55/15

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    They have never had any problems with any other cars and there are cars on there all the time. The dyno shows true power figures, not some of the happy figures that show up on other dynos. Apart from that the ET's and MPH that the drag car runs proves the dyno figures.

And just to prove it another way 2 VL Commodores with exactly the same setup made the same power and run the same times, 1 from Hi-Comp, the other from another workshop. 2 different dynos out exactly the same amount, I don't think so.

I'm not saying your making it up, I'm just saying the dyno isn't out.
    Ok. If the dyno isnt stuffed then why does the dyno graph show that my car went past 190km/hr when it shouldve cut out at 180km/hr?

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    I have no idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Grumpy Rooster what mods have you done to get 130kw?
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    It has a standard H22A with a ported and shaved head (comp around 10.5:1). Everything else is standard including the headers and inlet manifold. The only other mods are a cold are feed with bellmouth from the front of the car and a 2.5" exhaust with no cat and 1 muffler. It is run by an EMS computer and datalogger.

Other little things are machining down the balance shafts, and locking them up, no ancillary drives like air, steer, alternator.

In the near future it will be getting some 50mm TWM throttle bodies and new headers.

a typical stock manual H22 is about 105kw give or take a few. Auto version usually have a bit less power.

These are stock figures variance +/-5kw. This is with everything stock

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    I dynoed mine, JDM prelude ecu, stock engine with CAI , 2.25" catback and got 113kw atw.

mr h22a, you have an accord jdm ecu yeah? as you got an accord front cut is this right? JDM accord engine & ecu combo is 190hp vs prelude 200hp version.

I have seen my speedo go to 190 kph before cut out too.