Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..

lightened fly wheel? YES/NO?

hey guys.. i just wana hear your thoughts about lightened fly wheel for your cars or guys who have one..

im doing my clutch this weekend.. and was wondering if its worth the $700 (guesstimate) extra?

some people have told me that its just a waste of money and standard it good enough.. including a more comfort and drivablity compared to aftermarket lightened ones...

some have told me it performs better with a lost of bottom end power..

so what do you guys experience?
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    every modification is a waste of money
    blz-arw019

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Those who tell you that you lose bottom end power get their opinions from the gran turismo video game.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

u dont lose, u dont get power...what clutch/fly combo are u buying?
    write a review...or comment...i'm in the market for new clutch as well...
    but dont want the noise...

u might pick up more noise however...buzzing harmonics vibration noise...

i just find out after owning one, s2k is very prone to this gear backlash noise...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    id rather put 700 bucks toward a final gear mod than upgrade the flywheel. Unless you have to do a clutch change then might as well. but some aftermarket clutch kits come with lightened flywheels dont they??

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you have to $$ to do final drive, lightweight fly and a HD clutch, the effect will be more than doing intake, $700 headers and exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    clutch change or pulling out the flywheel would be more expensive than a final drive upgrade?

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you have to $$ to do final drive, lightweight fly and a HD clutch, the effect will be more than doing intake, $700 headers and exhaust.
    I am glad there are some on this forum who understand that power isn't everything. The secret to a quick car is using the power you have to its best advantage.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    I am glad there are some on this forum who understand that power isn't everything. The secret to a quick car is using the power you have to its best advantage.
    Ditto...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    clutch change or pulling out the flywheel would be more expensive than a final drive upgrade?
    Nope, but to get to the final drive, you need to remove the gearbox to open it up. So it's more cost-effective to do the flywheel, clutch, input shaft bearing and throwout bearing at the same time.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 Clone, E46 M3
    I had a 4.8kg exedy flywheel in my car once.. made little difference.

i moved to a fidanza 3.3kg flywheel (really really light).. made alittle more difference.

stock is 6.1 kg, pretty light already.

light flywheel makes very little difference in our F20C motors due to our heavyish RWD drive train. on, say a b18C, makes a night and day difference however.

it does make the motor more responsive when blipping the throttle for rev matching.
    you'll need a lot more sensntivity in your right foot on the track, maintaining weight balance in the car around corners is also more challenging - but yet more rewarding.

I just ordered toda clutch kit that has lighten flywheel (3.8kg is what I got told) so I'll do a review in few weeks time when it's installed, my clutch was still ok but I had that clutch buzz noise that was just becoming annoying more and more so I decided to fix it. Would love to get M-Factory final drive but there is no kit for F20C yet, but anyway I don't have money to get it now so maybe by the time I save up they gonna make one.