Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)

Honda ASIMO set to tour Australia in October

http://www.ferret.com.au/articles/z1/view.asp?id=76432

The humanoid robot, Honda’s ASIMO, arrives in Melbourne in mid-October for a nine-week show tour around Australia.

ASIMO, whose name stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility, will surprise the Australian public with his Alive and Unplugged tour which will demonstrate his life-like ability to run, walk, dance, talk, recognise people, hold hands, carry objects and even play soccer.

ASIMO is the result of nearly 21 years of research and development by Honda which, although better known for cars, motorcycles, power equipment and marine products, currently has engineering teams in Japan, Thailand, Europe and the US dedicated to the robot’s ongoing development as he continues to become more human-like with each technological advancement.

The premiere of ASIMO’s Alive and Unplugged Australian tour will take place in a special marquee at Chadstone shopping centre, Melbourne, on Wednesday 17 October 2007, followed by five days of shows with free admission.

Also featuring radio host Simon Miller and some of Australia’s DJs, ASIMO's 25 minute show will amaze everyone with his humanlike movements.

ASIMO and his entourage of Honda technicians and robotic experts will then perform at central locations in Bendigo, Adelaide, Newcastle, Sydney and Brisbane. The 130cm robot will also visit hospitals and schools.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    Im going on thursday !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Asimo in Bendigo!!!
    Screw school!

does anybody know what time it start in chadstone ? and at which area ?

really want to c ASIMO.

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    The details are here:

Date: 17th - 21st

Time: varies depending on the day ur going. But there are at least four different show times per day.
    You find the specific times at http://www.asimo.com.au/

PS: if you own a honda car or motorcycle, show your key to honda staff for reserved VIP seating (subject to availability)
    Last edited by ShAwNeX; 15-10-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir
    omg wen i was in los angeles they had him there.. they was promoting asimo in disneyland in tommorowland... really cute show.. he dances the hawaii dance and go up and own stairs. even can do video phone converstions.. really cool. like a puppy but human robotic form

any1 is interested to organise a " Visit ASIMO tour " ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    i want to get the asimo plush toy. does anyone know if they will be selling them when they are on tour? i want to get one when he comes to brisbane

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    i want to get the asimo plush toy. does anyone know if they will be selling them when they are on tour? i want to get one when he comes to brisbane
    what is asimo plush toy ?

can u show me ?

thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir
    looks like im going to chaddy on sat... got my honda key so lets see what free stuff i get

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoh View Post
    what is asimo plush toy ?

can u show me ?

thanks
    this is what i am talkin about, someone from here bout it at the international motor show
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=76551&page=6