Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 & DC5R

CVT broken in 2 months w00t

I bought a brand new 2007 Jazz VTiS and it's only done 2000kms and the CVT farked up already. Took it back to Honda dealer and they said it's gonna take at least 1 week (up to 3 weeks they said). WTF?!?! They have to order the whole CVT brand new from Japan. Sounds fishy don't you think? The service guy said he'll give me a rental car for free while my car getting fixed plus no charge for the repair and stuff. Btw they also flush and upgrade the cvt oil and still no improvement. My question is do you guys have this kinda CVT problem? It's pissed me off big time, i just got my bodykits installed and this problem came up. Maybe im gonna trashed the rental car for revenge. hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    LOL hahahaha poor you.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Not good news man.

Speaking of CVT's....I think mine is giving problems too.

Ive got a jazz VTi-S aswell, and on take off, under load, or on a hill, there is a slight shudder from 10km/h for about 1 second. I'm going to get the CVT oil flushed.

According to the dealer, Honda brought in a new CVT oil about 6 months ago to curb the growing issues with the tranmission.

Makes me think that the standard automatic used in the American Jazz might have been the better way to go for Honda Australia..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaTechy View Post
    whats wrong with it?
    The oil or the CVT?

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    Not good news man.

Speaking of CVT's....I think mine is giving problems too.

Ive got a jazz VTi-S aswell, and on take off, under load, or on a hill, there is a slight shudder from 10km/h for about 1 second. I'm going to get the CVT oil flushed.

According to the dealer, Honda brought in a new CVT oil about 6 months ago to curb the growing issues with the tranmission.

Makes me think that the standard automatic used in the American Jazz might have been the better way to go for Honda Australia..
    hmm i think this is a common issue with the Honda Jazz my sisters o3 jazz does the same thing hers is the gli one, so i dont think it would be the cvt.. unless the gli came with cvt???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    jazz shudders has been covered numerous times, I just cbf'd finding the link.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 & DC5R
    95331140: My Honda dealer already flushed my cvt oil and upgraded with the new cvt oil and checked the start clutch aswell, but still shudder. They said its not the star clutch, they found that the cvt gearbox is a defect and they just going to replace it with a new one ordered from Japan. So if flushing doesnt make a diffrence ask ur honda dealer to replace it with the new one (if under warranty), and u should get a free rental car too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 & DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwilliam View Post
    hmm i think this is a common issue with the Honda Jazz my sisters o3 jazz does the same thing hers is the gli one, so i dont think it would be the cvt.. unless the gli came with cvt???
    Yes, GLi come with cvt but without the 7 speed mode.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by condomsakti View Post
    95331140: My Honda dealer already flushed my cvt oil and upgraded with the new cvt oil and checked the start clutch aswell, but still shudder. They said its not the star clutch, they found that the cvt gearbox is a defect and they just going to replace it with a new one ordered from Japan. So if flushing doesnt make a diffrence ask ur honda dealer to replace it with the new one (if under warranty), and u should get a free rental car too.
    Damn it. Honda are going to charge me $180 to flush and replace the CVT oil.
    I wonder if they will refund me if that doesnt fix the issue?
    My car isnt under warranty anymore...so I aint forking out thousands to replace the box. Might be time to sell it off to some sucker!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Can anyone find the links/threads for the Jazz CVT shudder issues?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    I bought a brand new 2007 Jazz VTiS and it's only done 2000kms and the CVT farked up already. Took it back to Honda dealer and they said it's gonna take at least 1 week (up to 3 weeks they said). WTF?!?! They have to order the whole CVT brand new from Japan. Sounds fishy don't you think?
    it's not fishy, if you did your research you would know the honda cvt's are a known issue.

Maybe im gonna trashed the rental car for revenge. hehehe
    what good is that gonna do you?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan