Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by omgzilla View Post
    CVT's in the R50 Mini Coopers all do the 'delayed response'/shudder on take off. From the info i've gathered at work on our information boards, this issue or 'operation' is pretty much just the band gear coming into tension and loading up once torque is applied.

The Honda postie bikes (which run CVT's) are nothing short of indestructible. Just a shame that car manufacturers (as far as i've seen) cant seem to be getting the CVT perfect, just yet.

Ok, regarding the shudder issue. Got it fixed! Honda service did a double flush on the CVT oil and also performed a CVT memory reset. All good now. Thank god it wasnt the start-clutch. That would not have been a cheap fix. The best part is, they didnt charge me for this as I had the oil flushed only 6000km's ago! Hoooray.

But I did have to cough up some cash, as I had to replace a rear left bearing assembly. That cost $350...ahhwell...Jazz is back to normal now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord VTI-L 2009
    sorry guys, this may sound stupid, but how do you know if the CVT is screwing up? i just bought mine 2 months ago, its a vti auto with 7 speed mode.... so far so good

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    Ok, regarding the shudder issue. Got it fixed! Honda service did a double flush on the CVT oil and also performed a CVT memory reset.
    Great! Good to see they did it at no charge.

I think we may have been thinking about a different sort of 'shudder'.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd0rxl View Post
    sorry guys, this may sound stupid, but how do you know if the CVT is screwing up? i just bought mine 2 months ago, its a vti auto with 7 speed mode.... so far so good
    shudders, shudders and more shudders.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Just some further details regarding the shudder fix for my car:

I had one of the Honda tech's come with me for a drive so I could demonstrate the issue. He said, the first step would be to do a double flush. His reasoning for this is, when they perform the first flush, not all the oil drains from the transmission, so there will be dirty oil still present. The double flush obviously ensures all old/dirty oil is drained.

The tech also performed a CVT memory reset. They then performed a test drive and said its all good.

The dealer I went to was Trivett Honda in Parramatta. Note, the service department is a separate building from the Honda showroom. The service department is approx 2-3km's from the showroom.

do the cars with shudders , use teh manual mode alot ?
    I drive my gf's jazz all over the place in D and never a hitch.
    But i guess constant abuse of the manual mode might make it begin to slip

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I use manual mode like once a week. And even then, its only for 5-10min stretches. So thats not the cause..

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    it's nothing to do with the manual mode. gli's have cvt problems too

(not to mention hrv's and the ek civics which had cvt's too - neither had a 'manual mode')
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

where do u feel this 'shuddering'? the whole car??

does my jazz cvt gli have this 'manual mode' also? wanna try :P (even tho i only haf auto license :P).

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    ... did you read panda's post above? Your Jazz GLI has no 'manual mode' which is just a 'sporty' feel, by letting the driver manually change gears via 2 paddle shifters on the wheel. It's pretty gay the design
    Why hello there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    Damn it. Honda are going to charge me $180 to flush and replace the CVT oil.
    I wonder if they will refund me if that doesnt fix the issue?
    My car isnt under warranty anymore...so I aint forking out thousands to replace the box. Might be time to sell it off to some sucker!!
    That's interesting, Formula Honda charge me just $120 flush and replace the CVT oil, also included computer reset... after that, our Jazz runs perfectly.

By the way, did u shop around in your city? I found out Nordic Honda in Adelaide always charge 20% to 25% more than Formula Honda, also their staff always with shxt manner.
    Good Luck!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by condomsakti View Post
    I bought a brand new 2007 Jazz VTiS and it's only done 2000kms and the CVT farked up already. Took it back to Honda dealer and they said it's gonna take at least 1 week (up to 3 weeks they said). WTF?!?! They have to order the whole CVT brand new from Japan. Sounds fishy don't you think? The service guy said he'll give me a rental car for free while my car getting fixed plus no charge for the repair and stuff. Btw they also flush and upgrade the cvt oil and still no improvement. My question is do you guys have this kinda CVT problem? It's pissed me off big time, i just got my bodykits installed and this problem came up. Maybe im gonna trashed the rental car for revenge. hehehe
    How much did the cvt cost you?