JDM Array
    Car:
    Starlet ATM
    its a VTi model by the way

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    it changes depending on how hard you push it i think

form memory its around 2500-3700 depending . . .

Pete

JDM Array
    Car:
    Starlet ATM
    So if I hold it flat it will come on at 2500??

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    will vtec point change?
    that's new to me

also u will hardly hear unless u get exhuast done i think....
    also dun expect Vtec on Jazz will fit as exciting as B series Vtec

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    6000rpm? Man that's just before redline....

You won't really feel it or hear it with an exhaust...I never could. You can sort of pick it up with a pod filter attached, but even then it's pretty hard to tell on WOT.

From my experience, it seems to come on between the 4,000-4,500 mark. I can't be any more exact until I get the V-AFC2 wired up.

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    dunno what motor the Jazz Vti has, but in my EG Vti, I have noticed it kicks in at about 4800 rpm or so....D16Y SOHC VTEC.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    ok i haevnt looked up the honda website so it may say somethign different but . . .

from a fast fours article i ripped out, page 20, (so i dont know what issue) they road tested a vtis cvt 7 speed.
    Under the fast facts it says:

Induction: VTEC between 2300 and 3600rpm
    anyway ive been in the car wiht one of my friends and if you listen really carefully you can hear it. we were doing this whilst accelerating slowly and it did kick in around the 3600 mark. so maybe if you did accelerate quickly it would kick in at teh 2300 mark, not sure.

as for vtec kicking in around 6000rpm :shock: :? the redline is about 6300rpm and the rev cut about 6700 or 6800rpm from memory.

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    if u are first time driving a honda, i will say NO, u will hear vtec shouting LOUDLY especially once u change exhuast and intake
    even single vtec EG will hear it

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I swear I can't hear it man (not all the time)....it just sounds like any other car with a pod or a zorst on it...

I'll have to pay special attention to it next time I take it out.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by petrovski
    ok i haevnt looked up the honda website so it may say somethign different but . . .

from a fast fours article i ripped out, page 20, (so i dont know what issue) they road tested a vtis cvt 7 speed.
    Under the fast facts it says:

Induction: VTEC between 2300 and 3600rpm
    anyway ive been in the car wiht one of my friends and if you listen really carefully you can hear it. we were doing this whilst accelerating slowly and it did kick in around the 3600 mark. so maybe if you did accelerate quickly it would kick in at teh 2300 mark, not sure.

as for vtec kicking in around 6000rpm :shock: :? the redline is about 6300rpm and the rev cut about 6700 or 6800rpm from memory.

Pete

its somewhere between 6800-7000rpm, ive hit mine twice but its just so damn hard to notice as it revs so smoothly and never really sounds loud plus being slightly tall(184cm) i have trouble seeing past 5500rpm cause of the design of the dashboard unless i drive like a typical honda driver with their cap backwards and seat reclined max down :lol:
    For VTEC kicking in, i dont know what it is but there is a slight howling noise that starts to develop at bout 3600rpm.

i guess you could buy one of those vtec gauges, the light lights up when vtec is on, they even got em for jazz. Im at work so cant look up the link but they are roughly around $90 from memory

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I don't know about Jazz but VTEC at 3600rpm seems way too early. My Prelude's VTEC kicks in at 5500rpm.