Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project DC2

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye View Post
    no offence but how many of these guys at work have built a boosted HONDA engine?
    and with all the work you're getting done, what do you need to be safe for?!

will this be your daily? i consider myself a relative n00b but i believe 's love rpm and compression and with no compression, daily/off-boost driving =

btw, you doing rods too? or just pistons?
    Yes it will kinda a everyday car and no none of the other guys have built a turbo honda!!! it just they been in the trade for so long and the theory with with turbo is low comp and N/A engine aint made for turbos.

Yes iam doing rods and pistons

Any ways i called my the recon place and he hasnt ordered the pistons yet so im kinda lucky now i need to know what comp use pros think i should go? stay the same C/R 10:1 or Higher, so i can get him to order asap
    Last edited by INTEG; 29-10-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    mate here is an answer your piston compression question...

strait from the mount of james... shame he refuses to use this site

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1523
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

I seriously hope you chose a good workshop to do your rebuild. Honda bearing clearances are a serious longevity issue. Ask the workshop what clearances they are running on the mains, even if it means nothing to you. ACL's = no no (unless you get lucky). Just ordering whats on the crank might even get you into trouble.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Whats wrong with ACL bearings?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i hope you read james thread from hondatech and understand...........
    i love his work thats why he is tuning my dc2r turbo..............

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    thx guys been great help, read james post cleared it up my question

string yerh wat wrong with acl bearings?

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    im running acl bearing in my new block..... no personal feedback as of yet since its not running....

however i have been told to change back to oem honda bearing as they have a longer life span *apparently.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Nothing is wrong with the bearings. They just don't come in the same range of sizes as standard bearings. People who buy standard bearings seem more likely to be measuring clearances so they know which ones to buy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    I'll agree with everyone who says to don't lower the compression. Keep it at the factory 10:1 ratio. You don't need to lower. You are just giving power away as has all been mentioned.

What sort of fuel system are you running? If your going to be running decent boost and decent compression you need to have a fuel system that is up to the task. Without fuel, an engine don't last very long.

One last point. What sort of headgasket are you using? I'd suggest you use a standard (or standard type) gasket. That way it acts like a fuse if there is a problem with detonation. If it pings its head off for some reason it will blow the headgasket before it blows anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    What sort of fuel system are you running? If your going to be running decent boost and decent compression you need to have a fuel system that is up to the task. Without fuel, an engine don't last very long.
    All he'll need is new injectors, and a fuel pump if you don't trust your stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    One last point. What sort of headgasket are you using? I'd suggest you use a standard (or standard type) gasket. That way it acts like a fuse if there is a problem with detonation. If it pings its head off for some reason it will blow the headgasket before it blows anything else.
    Stock multi-layer steel gaskets are incredibly strong. In a stock sleeve honda motor, the fuse is normally the sleeves, not the head gasket unfortunately.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    true, if you have the spare money get the block sleeved, it will be the most money but the smartest money spent............
    and for fuel system, iunjectors and a pump will be sweat.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    If you want ultimate power, race fuel lol..

Nice build btw, what manifold you planning to use?