Thread: Project DC2

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    if you run high compression use arp studs

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Do people not use studs? They are so cheap these days you'd be crazy not to.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    agreed^
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    I'll agree with everyone who says to don't lower the compression. Keep it at the factory 10:1 ratio. You don't need to lower. You are just giving power away as has all been mentioned.

What sort of fuel system are you running? If your going to be running decent boost and decent compression you need to have a fuel system that is up to the task. Without fuel, an engine don't last very long.

One last point. What sort of headgasket are you using? I'd suggest you use a standard (or standard type) gasket. That way it acts like a fuse if there is a problem with detonation. If it pings its head off for some reason it will blow the headgasket before it blows anything else.
    fuel system im using is RC 550cc injectors, Sard Fuel Reg, AEM Fuel Rail and Walbro 255hp Fuel pump i think that more then enough...

About the head gasket im still thinking about what to use OEM or aftermarket.

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    true, if you have the spare money get the block sleeved, it will be the most money but the smartest money spent............
    and for fuel system, iunjectors and a pump will be sweat.
    yerh i dont have alot left to spend on sleeves i wish i did it would be nice im just building for medium build anyways im not going for full race, still want to use as everyday car welz not everyday

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    If you want ultimate power, race fuel lol..

Nice build btw, what manifold you planning to use?
    If you talking about turbo manifold im just using a iron cast manifold, but intake side is skunk2 pro sieres

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by 0098 View Post
    if you run high compression use arp studs
    im not going to run really high boost but i have ordered ARP headbolts anyways. What the torque setting for the head bolts anyways?

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Go with oem head gasket and you dont need the AEM fuel rail. Since its a street car you dont need sleeves, stock sleeves can handle about 300kw. If you're after more power for the strip then just use good fuel.

Not investing in a even length manifold?

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Go with oem head gasket and you dont need the AEM fuel rail. Since its a street car you dont need sleeves, stock sleeves can handle about 300kw. If you're after more power for the strip then just use good fuel.

Not investing in a even length manifold?
    Welz i already bought AEM fuel rail anyways to make the engine bay look nice lolz. How much is OEM headgasket for trade price anyways SLOWEGG? i dont think i will be making any were close to 300kw? yerh i just use BP ultimate most of the time anyways wont be going to the strip that much once i break in the engine i go down the strip see how it goes then after that for my enjoyment anyways.

even length manifold? is that custom made ones eg. ram horn style ect?

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Yeh like ramhorn style.. 300kw with your setup? get a nice turbo and manifold easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    intgera dc2
    Yeh like ramhorn style.. 300kw with your setup? get a nice turbo and manifold easy.
    nah im keeping my iron cast manifold, im on a tight budget spending most of my money on the block and head, maybe lata on down the track

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    You know you dont even need to headwork, a stock head will make plenty of power. You should just worry about building a strong end build and turbo kit you can leave your head stock.