Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Central locking problems

Hi all, I've got a 2004 euro luxury. When i lock the doors via the remote it will lock all the doors except the passenger door which you can see tries to lock but its like somethings stopping it, i can pop the lock up and down manually from the inside of the car. I've tried using the key to manually open the doors but still the passenger door stays in the same position, does anyone know what it could be?

I also noticed before this problem started, when opening the doors with the remote all the doors would unlock but sometimes the drivers door would stay locked, then after pressing the button again it would then open the drivers door. (Don't know if this is a security feature of the car or only happens if the car is opened from a certain distance??)

Any help i can get with these problems would be awesome.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 15-10-2007 at 10:55 PM.

have u done a visual inspection to see if there has been a build up of any foreign material which may clog up the mechanism? maybe an overload of grease + dirt?

doesnt hurt to take teh door trims off for a bit of a gander

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    thanks for the reply mate, i'm not to sure on how to go about it. Any tips on taking the door trims off?

door trims shoujldnt be too hard. as a general/universal guide, there should be a couple of screws - one behind the door latch, and one in pocket cavity (the hole u use to open and close the door from the inside). once those screws are off, remove all those bits off the door trim (pocket + door latch unit)

you would probably have to remove a triangle plastic cover on the corner of the door trim (where tweeters are typically placed). just firmly pull it off.

And then firmly but softly pull the door trim off the door itself (it is secured by clips). lift the door trim up off over the door knob and there u have it.

thats a very general guide and applies for the 6th gen accord.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    I also noticed before this problem started, when opening the doors with the remote all the doors would unlock but sometimes the drivers door would stay locked, then after pressing the button again it would then open the drivers door. (Don't know if this is a security feature of the car or only happens if the car is opened from a certain distance??)
    Have a similar problem, when locking/unlocking my door using remote locking sometimes have to push the button twice. I will get it fixed under warranty next service I get (November). I'll let you know.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    door trims shoujldnt be too hard. as a general/universal guide, there should be a couple of screws - one behind the door latch, and one in pocket cavity (the hole u use to open and close the door from the inside). once those screws are off, remove all those bits off the door trim (pocket + door latch unit)

you would probably have to remove a triangle plastic cover on the corner of the door trim (where tweeters are typically placed). just firmly pull it off.

And then firmly but softly pull the door trim off the door itself (it is secured by clips). lift the door trim up off over the door knob and there u have it.

thats a very general guide and applies for the 6th gen accord.

I'll give it a go tommorrow and let you know what i find, hopefully its as simple as a dirt build-up on the mechanism.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's the auto-lock actuator that needs replacement. For the Euro, you have to remove the power window switch as well if you want to remove the trim. Get it fixed under warranty if you are still covered.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's the auto-lock actuator that needs replacement. For the Euro, you have to remove the power window switch as well if you want to remove the trim. Get it fixed under warranty if you are still covered.
    It still could be a dirt/grease build up cause when you press the lock/unlock buttons on the remote the lock seems to slightly move, but then again the motor in the actuator could be screwed. Also if i do have to replace the actuator, is it only a geniune Honda part i need to get or are there after market parts that i can get?

I don't think the actuator is related to my other question regarding the drivers door not opening sometimes on the first press of the button, i still think its some sort of safety/security feature. What do you think of that issue?
    Last edited by E_Honda; 16-10-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    It still could be a dirt/grease build up cause when you press the lock/unlock buttons on the remote the lock seems to slightly move, but then again the motor in the actuator could be screwed. Also if i do have to replace the actuator, is it only a geniune Honda part i need to get or are there after market parts that i can get?

I don't think the actuator is related to my other question regarding the drivers door not opening sometimes on the first press of the button, i still think its some sort of safety/security feature. What do you think of that issue?
    Doubt it is dirt. The actuator problem is not uncommon. You can use an aftermarket one if it fits.

The driver's side issue is NOT a feature. It could be the driver's side actuator starting to go bad as well. Do you live in a dusty area? Did you own the car since new?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Doubt it is dirt. The actuator problem is not uncommon. You can use an aftermarket one if it fits.

The driver's side issue is NOT a feature. It could be the driver's side actuator starting to go bad as well. Do you live in a dusty area? Did you own the car since new?
    I don't live anywhere near a dusty area and i purchased the car second hand, 60k on the odometer.

I called Honda and got a quote of $190 for the front actuator, does that sound reasonable?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is that just the price of parts? Send a PM to Destrukshn and ask him for his price on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Is that just the price of parts? Send a PM to Destrukshn and ask him for his price on it.
    yep, just the part price. I'll msg Destrukshn for another quote.