Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    why not just replace your ones with anothe set of stock. then get 'upgrade' on pads?

i got 2nd dc2r rotors forsale $50 for the pair, another forumer still for under $100.. and then you can get goos pads for $$$ + maybe braided lines or something?
    Last edited by newbie; 16-10-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    Ben, the front discs are warped thats why i'm replacing them...

Any opinions on the pads to choose? Yeh the DS2500's are the Ferodo pads
    i thought you could still fix warped disc by flattening them or machining. or you cant?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    There is a limit to how much you can machine off.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Personally, Id machine your rotors and reft your pads if they have alot of meat left.

If its a street car that is, and your only running street tyres on the track.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Zico i know bro... competition friction was under 200 for the DBA, and about 100 less at least for the pads...

Thanks for all the opinions, i personally want to change the discs and pads as im planning on tracking more rather than getting a motorbike.

Does anyone know if the rear pads on my car are the same as the regular dc2? or if they are the same as another honda pad?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The rotor material have to be matched to pad material. The CCX is aggressive because they are ceramic carbon. The NA-R are non-asbestos and should be fine with the DBA4000. The Ferodo DS2500 are good being adhesion pads, but are very noisy when cold.
    Are the NA R noisy too?

I would imagine a couple of applications with the ferodo will wamr them up enough to stop the noise though yes?

Does anyone know if the rear pads on my car are the same as the regular dc2? or if they are the same as another honda pad?

NO they are not the same as the DC2 pads. They are significantly larger surface area ( and its a larger rear disc too)

The rear DC2R pads , are same/similar to 90-03 accord , s2k and 94-02 prelude.

Can someone confirm ?

In my opinion, all the CC-X and whatever hi temp race pads are unnecessary and a waste of money for under 150kw or daily driver cars with the occasional track days.

I'm just using Endless SSS, and they've lasted me a whole year of Supersprints and Track days and there's still more than 1/2 Left.

Ran 10 continuous...hard laps at Wakefield and no fade at all...

Just my opinion.

I'm also using rotors made in Taiwan - Exzess
    http://www.exzess.com.tw/a-home.htm
    MFactory Competition Products

Good points - no point driving 5 laps to get your brake pads to "grip" then the next lap your tyres re overheating.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    surely it doesn't take 5 laps to get these pads to heat up? Are you exaggerating ben?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Are the NA R noisy too?

I would imagine a couple of applications with the ferodo will wamr them up enough to stop the noise though yes?
    Check the DBA forums, the STI guys use DS2500 and love it. Supposedly after a while the noise goes away, but I'm not 100% sure. http://forums.mrtperformance.com.au/showthread.php?t=1
    Last edited by aaronng; 16-10-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

surely it doesn't take 5 laps to get these pads to heat up? Are you exaggerating ben?
    i am exaggerating. It could take quite abit longer than lower rated pads but.
    Its an tradeoff ~ for higher grip pads you need them to be working in their heat range , hence they need a few laps to heat up. But you dont need this for a street car with occasional tracking in mind.