Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A

'94 accord (cd5) with near/more than 200,000kms

Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying a cd5 (most likely a vti/-s) and looking at the ones on the market atm.. most cd5's have nearly or have done more than 200,000kms (fair enough it's been around for while).

Just want the opinions of any cd5 owners with ~200,000kms. How is it? Is there any problems/things I should know about it? Like engine-wise, suspension-wise.. etc. Or should I just save up another year for the '98 accord vti (CG), which have less k's? Any opinions are welcome! =]
    Current: '09 SH9 XTP

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    lower kilometre cd5's do still exist. mine has just hit 150k and others have less but ide be more concerned with the condition and history of each car rather than scrutinising the exact distance its travelled. you can have cars with slightly higher k's that have been better looked after and had an easier life and are thus less likely to have probs than ones with less k's.

i can answer that question for you... i have a 95 accord vti-s with 195k on the clock. bought the car at 155k with fairly good service history,,, it missed a couple of services

i service the car every 5k and it hasnt missed a beat. i did chage a leaking radiator but that's about it.

so as long as the car has good service history and a vehical inspection comes out ok... i'd say go for it.

you can use companies like sydney vehical check or nrma, the former is a bit cheaper.

the car's suspension would have had it a long time back.. mine's on stock and its soft a pillow! koni yellow and eibach's sitting to be installed :d

personally i like the CD5, IMO the 98 model (CG) looks like a grandpa's car with out lowering it.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    hi matey. I have a CD5, bought it when it was 209,000, but well-maintained by the previous owner (regular oil and oil filter change, fuel filter and spark plugs changed every 50,000, timing belts changed at 200,000, radiator flush, etc).

it is now 247,000 and i must say that i am VERY IMPRESSED with its performance! Everyone that has been in the car always tell me how smooth and good it drives. I havent had a problem with it (mechanically) as of yet. The engine is still going strong, no leaks, no gray smoke, not stalling,....NOTHING!! No problems with gearbox or clutch at all...still all very smooth.

But I make sure that I keep to the regular oil and oil filter change and all the others as well.

However I have lowered springs and aftermarket shocks. so cant really comment on the stock sussy.

I guess as long as u know that its been taken cared of, then im sure that u wont regret it! Plus i prefer the look of the CD5 comapred to CG.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    lower kilometre cd5's do still exist. mine has just hit 150k and others have less but ide be more concerned with the condition and history of each car rather than scrutinising the exact distance its travelled. you can have cars with slightly higher k's that have been better looked after and had an easier life and are thus less likely to have probs than ones with less k's.
    yeah true. i didn't think of that..thanks for that . The only reason i was looking at cd's with more k's was that they were cheaper; it's going to be my first car, and yeah, don't want to spend too much (of my hard-worked haha) money.

I was just scared that if i bought a car with high k's, it might cause problems and cost even more money to fix it, and i would regret buying it. but what you said sounds right, i should look at the condition and history of the car. It's also probably going to be my 'learning' car. I already know the basic things of servicing a car, just want to learn more stuff

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by rahul View Post
    so as long as the car has good service history and a vehical inspection comes out ok... i'd say go for it.
    Ok =]

Quote Originally Posted by rahul View Post
    the car's suspension would have had it a long time back.. mine's on stock and its soft a pillow! koni yellow and eibach's sitting to be installed :d

personally i like the CD5, IMO the 98 model (CG) looks like a grandpa's car with out lowering it.
    Apart from the engine, i was also worried about the suspension..since it's usually as old as the car. And from some threads (using the search function of course ), i read a few people had weird clicking or similar noises when they go over bumps . I guess i could always buy some coilovers and DIY (they are not that difficult to install, just more money).

I'm leaning towards the cd5, cheaper, haha =]

thanks mate!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    However I have lowered springs and aftermarket shocks. so cant really comment on the stock sussy.

I guess as long as u know that its been taken cared of, then im sure that u wont regret it! Plus i prefer the look of the CD5 comapred to CG.
    Was the suspension like that when you bought it or did you change it yourself?

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3ebo0 View Post
    Was the suspension like that when you bought it or did you change it yourself?
    i bought it with aftermarket sussy. the previous owner spent about $1000. so im sorry i really cant comment on stock! not sure what brand shocks its got on, but its definitely got Kings springs. im quite surprised that its still a sweet ride, meaning not bumpy and very smooth on highways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    i bought it with aftermarket sussy. the previous owner spent about $1000. so im sorry i really cant comment on stock! not sure what brand shocks its got on, but its definitely got Kings springs. im quite surprised that its still a sweet ride, meaning not bumpy and very smooth on highways.
    nah it's alright mate. sounds good! now i just gotta look for the perfect car at the perfect price!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Buy my CK1 Accord yo! Its for sale but i cant post it coz i need to wait a few more days until im not a "noob"
    iFlutter

(edit: I used to flutter =[) Vtakk'n again rofl.

edit: iFlutter again!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    i got a VTI-S
    mines just over 193k-km. runs cleanly and smoothly, have had it for near 5 months now, bought it from a car yard, the yard owner owned it himself for just over 12 months.
    there was 1 problem that he did not pick up, probly cause he never touched
    the sound system but when i was installin my head unit i found some shorted
    out wiring running to the cig lighter... the guy before must have had an incar
    phone and well yea sumthings shorted, the owner got it fixed for meh and yea

no problems at all, i got auto even the gear box is fine. hehe

awesome car soundz awesome with an intake on it aswell

sound system

stock 6-1/4 depth - 42mm speakers in the front - now alpine type R's not a clean fit needed 16mm spacers, brought them out to fit nicely, magnet diameter was fine...
    6x9's in the back

0-100km/h

i think comparing other ozhonda users results was around
    9 to 11 seconds

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by KruZzN View Post
    I went from canberra to Tempe.......
    Cheers,
    Duy.
    I'm guessing you're viet.. coz my name is also Duy haha

Quote Originally Posted by KruZzN View Post
    Buy my CK1 Accord yo! Its for sale but i cant post it coz i need to wait a few more days until im not a "noob"
    haha that car is too cool for me! , just want a simple look.. nice (but not extreme hardcore) rims, lowered. thanks though mate!

i rkn, i don't know enough to answer all these guy's questions to get a member status LOLL.. oh wells.. good luck with the sale bro!