Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    Anyone got an accord with <115,000km's ?

Just out of interest.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    Just to put my input here...My CD5 is 94 model, it had 191 and I put 2000km in last 4 days...I went from Adelaide via Great Ocean Road, to Melbourne and just returned back... Everything is in perfect condition, car has regular services, I have just changed Water pump all tensioners and timing belt as car was approaching 200K. It hasn't got a single drop of oil on engine or gearbox….. In regards to my trip, it was just perfect, car revs so nicely despite the fact that has close to 200K. It was flying through corners of Great Ocean Road and today when I was driving back from Melbourne, when overtaking it was doing 140-160km with no trouble, I was overtaking Commodores and Falcons and it had more guts left but I wasn't keen on paying any fines...fuel consumption was great as well, I almost made it on a single tank..

You can't go wrong with it as long as it is well maintained.
    Last edited by tuppelo; 25-03-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    as good as it is that you are happy with your car and as much as i love cd5's, most likely the only reason you were able to seemingly so effortlessly overtake the falcadores was because they were smart enough to be not doing the speeds you were, let alone bragging about it on a public forum. not having a go at you mate but cops have been known to lurk around forums, best to not admit to illegal activities

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    lol my leak is going on the timing belt :s nooooooooooot gud

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    as good as it is that you are happy with your car and as much as i love cd5's, most likely the only reason you were able to seemingly so effortlessly overtake the falcadores was because they were smart enough to be not doing the speeds you were, let alone bragging about it on a public forum. not having a go at you mate but cops have been known to lurk around forums, best to not admit to illegal activities
    I said that more to emphasize that 4 cylinder Accord Engine after doing 200,000km still performs well...Surely I can not compare with 4Litre engines...

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    i've owned 2 accords in my lifetime, and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one in the future, pure Japanese built car

the first one i had, had 122km's on the clock, bought it back in 1999 (was 4 years old when i bought it) had alot of k's for that year model car

now is rocking somewhere 260 thousand k's?

still using the same engine, torque converter, brake rotors, exhaust.

second accord was about 200 thousand k's on the shell, but had a h22a conversion, car worked fine for 2 years, clutch lasted ages ( the way i drive;] )

overall CD5 accords are one of the best accords thats ever been built, flaws where minimal, but driving them was always a pleasure

just check for visible oil leakage, and also the cooling system (radiator grime, rust) that could lead to future problems

hope that helps, any more inquiries just feel free to PM me

kenny
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    01 Yellow Fever R
    Sell you my CD5 with 70,000kms on it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg
    Seems as though most people'v had trouble free runs with their CD5's, i got my 94 with about 170k on the clock, and its been fastidiously maintained by me up to 210k now..but the following major things have gone wrong, starter motor went, master cylinder went, ignition switch went....and those things werent cheap to repalce either, i still love it though (:

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    My accord has 112,000 on the odo.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord (CD5)
    my frend is driving a cd5 thats done about 260k km the last time i drove it. It's about 100k km more than what my cd5 has done, and they run exactly the same.
    Last edited by freshprince; 01-10-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    I drive a 1995 CD5 VTi with 145k on it. When I bought it it had 126k and was well maintained by the previous owner. Since the change of ownership the only part I have changed is the exhaust due to a puncture. It drives without a hitch so far. I have also driven from adelaide to melbourne in 1 tank of fuel. Great car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen5 Accord
    I got my CD5 with 84,455km's on the clock original with full logbooks.

Now, she's at 117,8xx km's

Never had a problem except at around 110,xxx km's the master/slave clutch cylinder died, easy fix but thought it should have been mentioned.

Always been serviced every 5,000km's, it all comes down to how well do you look after your car and how well it will last :P