Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    i got a VTI-S
    mines just over 193k-km. runs cleanly and smoothly, have had it for near 5 months now......no problems at all, i got auto even the gear box is fine. hehe

awesome car soundz awesome with an intake on it aswell
    thanks mate! personally i'm leaning towards a manual (i'm pretty much sick of driving auto ) but i'm re-thinking it because i'll probably share with my bro and it would be more convenient to have auto just incase my bro or my mum needs to use it for some reason. so thanks for telling me about auto cd5's
    Current: '09 SH9 XTP

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Mine has over 310ks and still going strong. Only thing i have replaced in the last year is the cv's.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    Mine's just over 200k everything stock expect for the exhaust, the engine still runs well and can reach up to 300k if look after well. CD5's are build in japan so quality wise they are top notch. Like everyone said make sure maintenance is up to date including timing belt and valve been adjusted to spec. For the suspension the noise could be due to the worn swaybar bushing. Stock suspension are soft but reasonable considering the amount of millage travel, it may due to be change. Otherwise its all If you want to know more info about the car check gen5alive.com its a dedicated forum for CD5

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Mine has over 310ks and still going strong. Only thing i have replaced in the last year is the cv's.
    WOW! That's good to KNOW! =]

Quote Originally Posted by j.meng87 View Post
    make sure maintenance is up to date including timing belt and valve been adjusted to spec. For the suspension the noise could be due to the worn swaybar bushing. Stock suspension are soft but reasonable considering the amount of millage travel, it may due to be change. Otherwise its all If you want to know more info about the car check gen5alive.com its a dedicated forum for CD5
    Thanks guys, for all the helpful info. and opinions so far! Really appreciate it!

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    oh yeh, i also know someone who had a CD5 with more than 300k on the clock and he had no problems with the engine. he was driving it to work everyday.

u could also try

www.ozaccord.com - aussie based accord forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    u could also try

www.ozaccord.com - aussie based accord forum
    thanks mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTI-S
    Good thing I noticed this thread as I was just about to ask a similar question. There are indeed low kilometer examples of accords around but sometimes still have problems which have turned me off after driving them or they don't have certain features ect I want.

I have found a 97 VTI-S with 180,000 kms which is tempting but was also wondering how long I would get out of components and that has been answered in here. I should be able to expect 250,000 or more with a well maintained example which would give me conservatively speaking at least 5 years of motoring without having to consider an engine recon. I might not even have the car then. It has log books and is 7 grand neg. Obviously another major service would be coming up at 200ks.

Ideally I want a manual but again they arn't as common especially in VTI-S trim. I know the autos have an issue where upon they crap themselves. Anything to particular to look for on a high kilometer example in regards to the gearbox? Obviously I would ensure it shifts smoothly and doesnt hunt for gears or make noises but what are some tell tale signs of the auto gearbox being on the way out in accords?

It also has 18 inch rims and looks somewhat lowered. Would scrubbing problems be expected with such big rims (e.g. over bumps or on full lock) even if considering they were offset correctly ect. Guess can always change them if it's too bad.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gards; 26-10-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    Hey Dude,

my 5th gen is sitting at 263000 and with regular service and maintenance as you would with any other car.... it hasnt missed a beat.

Sure there are things I would like to change such as the AT and standard f22b to refreshen the car and give it a new lease on life.

Keep in mind with any standard car with high K's check out the exhaust for leaks or holes in the mufflers etc.
    If you do buy an auto they do have a slight kick especially if your giving it a lil this is really only between 1st and 2nd dont worry about it.

If you do end up finding a 5th gen with low k's and it happens to be auto make sure you have no leaks from the transmission.... if the seals go expect to pay over $500 just to crack the case and have it serviced
    not including parts etc....

I agree with Gards in relation to the VTI-S autos are most common...
    if you can find a manual score...

In the end find what you can find do the H22A transplant and your a laughing...

Regards to ride height with the 5th gen optimum ride height for these cars you are looking at a 30 - 35 mm drop, personal experience you get better handling at this height and faster cornering at this height...

Also if you do drop by 35mm make sure the exhaust is tucked up else you will scrap... hence the hole in mine... you'll need to get some custom brackets to lift it up in to the floor weld also line with heat shield at the top....

Any other questions etc pm I can go on for ages...

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gards View Post
    Ideally I want a manual but again they arn't as common especially in VTI-S trim. I know the autos have an issue where upon they crap themselves.
    I know, same here! That's why I am looking at the VTi's, and not the VTi-S's. And by the way, what do you mean by "crap themselves"? Do you mean the gearboxes become sluggish?

Quote Originally Posted by simpdogg View Post
    Regards to ride height with the 5th gen optimum ride height for these cars you are looking at a 30 - 35 mm drop, personal experience you get better handling at this height and faster cornering at this height...

Also if you do drop by 35mm make sure the exhaust is tucked up else you will scrap... hence the hole in mine... you'll need to get some custom brackets to lift it up in to the floor weld also line with heat shield at the top....
    Wow thanks for your advice! Yeah, I was thinking about installing coilovers to lower it and give it a harder bounce in the future. That's what I am scared of, like when I drive over, for example speed bumps, the tip or the front lip will get damaged..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gards View Post
    I have found a 97 VTI-S with 180,000 kms which is tempting but was also wondering how long I would get out of components and that has been answered in here. I should be able to expect 250,000 or more with a well maintained example which would give me conservatively speaking at least 5 years of motoring without having to consider an engine recon. I might not even have the car then. It has log books and is 7 grand neg. Obviously another major service would be coming up at 200ks.
    That's good! The best one I can find in VIC is a 94 VTi-S with 265,000kms, and that person is asking for 10 grand. I might as well go for the VTi's, they're about 4 grand cheaper, they got the same engine, lighter by a bit, faster, just not as much features as the VTi-S's.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3ebo0 View Post
    That's good! The best one I can find in VIC is a 94 VTi-S with 265,000kms, and that person is asking for 10 grand. I might as well go for the VTi's, they're about 4 grand cheaper, they got the same engine, lighter by a bit, faster, just not as much features as the VTi-S's.
    IMO VTI'S are a bargain buy. I have seen them under 5K. The leather in the VTIS is usually carked and the diff between the VTI and VTIS after that doesnt really justify the 2-4k diff. Buy a good cheap VTI and you already have enough money to but as set of wheels, shocks etc.....under the price of an VTIS.

If you really want leather, put leather in. Doesnt cost that much these days.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3ebo0 View Post

as a point of reference, i paid that for mine 1.5 years ago in excellent condition with 140k's (5MT).