Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiteline

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post

Whiteline sell a faulty product.This has been prooved time and time again.He is due full compensation and an apology.
    If you read 0098's post,
    he didn't even buy the whiteline sway bar
    . It was put onto his car by the previous owner that owned the car. I bet he was happy when he purchased the car that he was getting a whiteline bar included in the price. I won't think Whiteline is obligated in any way to cover 0098's repair bill. If the previous owner who purchased the bar was complaining, then yes, Whiteline has some obligation.

I wonder if 0098 installed a reinforcement kit like all EK owners are advised to if they have an upgraded rear sway bar. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=torn+subframe

And it's not 100% whiteline's fault. Even Accord Euros have the problem with the rear subframe bracket tearing if we use a swaybar thicker than 22mm with poly bushings and thicker endlinks.
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-10-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

beeza , as mentioned above the user 0098 isnt due compensation of any kind. IF whiteline agrees to any sort of compensation its in their moral grounding , not legal or technical.

FYI aarong and everyone , the "kit" for this example is the tried and tested 20/22mm swaybar kit with "mounting". There is no simple swaybar addition.

Other companies ( BEAKS for example) have had problems with their kits and rectified quite quickly. But whitelines "version 2 " kit is still not at the same league of its competition ( ASR / BEAKS).

Best of luck 0098 and contact whiteline direct as mentioned by me eariler

Guys , please contact whiteline direct http://www.whiteline.com.au/ OR

Quote:
    PHONE:
    (02) 9603 0111
    1800 040 003 (toll free)
    int+ 61 2 9603 0111 (international)
    Please , in the meantime avoid whiteline products UNTIL they have rectified their "build" issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    It is purely their products fault, if i purchased the thing or not isnt really the point. It isnt their obligation to give me a refund ofcourse not but they should be held accountable and take responsibility, just like if i purchase a house and the washing machine that i didnt buy but was already there catches on fire and burns my house down i think dishlex or whoever would get some blame.
    Saw some people today about getting it fixed, they all said it is a shit design and the supporting brackets are not good enought etc..

Im over it and its better i dont see anyone from whiteline because i know whoever deals with me is just a worker and they shouldnt cop abuse.. If it was the owner of whiteline then that would be a different story

Whiteline always looked cheap and dodgy to me and in the end i was right.

Love yas all
    whiteline
    Last edited by 0098; 19-10-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 0098 View Post
    If it was the owner of whiteline then that would be a different story
    gettin freakay with the owner for some compo aye :P

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you read 0098's post, . It was put onto his car by the previous owner that owned the car. I bet he was happy when he purchased the car that he was getting a whiteline bar included in the price. I won't think Whiteline is obligated in any way to cover 0098's repair bill. If the previous owner who purchased the bar was complaining, then yes, Whiteline has some obligation..
    I agree they dont have to do anything, but the bar caused the fault and this in my opinion place moral issues on Whiteline.

And it's not 100% whiteline's fault. Even Accord Euros have the problem with the rear subframe bracket tearing if we use a swaybar thicker than 22mm with poly bushings and thicker endlinks.
    I disagree. They are selling a product that they know may cause problems. At a minimum they should have big bold warnings on the bars/boxes/instructions that say there is a potential issue with installing larger swaybars and that the owner is taking some risk installing it.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    I disagree. They are selling a product that they know may cause problems. At a minimum they should have big bold warnings on the bars/boxes/instructions that say there is a potential issue with installing larger swaybars and that the owner is taking some risk installing it.
    If you purchased a rear sway bar for the EK from another brand that did not have a suitable reinforcement kit, you would also get the same subframe tearing. The difference is that other brands have rectified the problem by including good bracing. Whiteline hasn't and I am agreeing with you that their product is inferior. What I am disagreeing with is that a car's chassis is designed with OEM parts in mind. When you use upgraded/stiffer parts, you place additional stresses that can overwhelm the material/thickness that the chassis is made out of. When you purchase an aftermarket higher-specced product or a car with such a part, this is the risk that you choose to take.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post

Other companies ( BEAKS for example) have had problems with their kits and rectified quite quickly. But whitelines "version 2 " kit is still not at the same league of its competition ( ASR / BEAKS).
    Beaks is pretty shit dude.. i would think it would be only on par with the Whitline V2 (the latest one)

ITs either comptech or ASR.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    Beaks is pretty shit dude.. i would think it would be only on par with the Whitline V2 (the latest one)

ITs either comptech or ASR.
    The Comptech 22mm rear sway bar either breaks the endlinks or tears the mount off the subframe on the Accord Euros. There is also a Progress 22mm bar, and that doesn't cause the same problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    The Comptech 22mm rear sway bar either breaks the endlinks or tears the mount off the subframe on the Accord Euros. There is also a Progress 22mm bar, and that doesn't cause the same problem.

We are talkin about EK here

they use OEM endlinks and is almost exactly the same as ASR (EK) from memory
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    We are talkin about EK here

they use OEM endlinks and is almost exactly the same as ASR (EK) from memory
    I know, but I am saying you can't generalise whether a brand is good or bad. If they have a product that exceeds the limits of the chassis, you will get damage if there is no bracing in the product, doesn't matter if it is a good or shit brand.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Comes down to where or not they have a duty of care towards you. As you did not purchase the product from them, they only have a contract with the original owner. You would have to get compensation from the prior owner and then they would have to get compensation from whiteline. Whiteline would not have any obligations to a 3rd party who was not privvy to the original purchase.

I know its tough but that's how things are. Suing the original owner will be hard as they do not have any obligations of warranty toward you also. Just rem. 'buyer beware'. Know what you are buying before you buy it.

Just rem folks if your gonna run the whiteline bar, i would recommend and ASR brace, at worse use the beaks kit. I've tried with and without and it wouldn't use another whiteline bar now without the ASR brace.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    its all about the dishlex theory