Car:
    94 dc2

changing springs for dc2

all the steps for switching a set of springs for another set of springs

would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    umm u do know u need a machine/device thing to hold the strut and pull the spring down.. so doing it at home isnt recomended. and u would need special machine/device..

Member Array
    umm no not really. its like a spring compressor. its a long threaded screw with two hooks and all you need is a spanner to compress it. You use two of them and changing springs at home is a VERY doable job.

i wish i took some pics when i changed them on my old eg

Member Array
    Car:
    94 dc2
    cheers, more info wuld be great

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    it's pretty much a clamp to hold the springs intact. it's a safety issue because the springs will release under pressure. you can use any sort of clamp.
    JDMstyletuning.com

Beaks Tie Bars for DC/EG - $250

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by zpreme View Post
    you can use any sort of clamp.

you can ?????

play it same and go to super cheap and purchase some spring compressors for $30. compress the spring evenly so it wont fly of the clamps and rip you head off.

saftey 1st

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    as ECU-MAN said. dont skimp out on 30bucks if something goes wrong its about 1tonn of compressed metal flying at you.

i used SiReals write up i own a civic but its the same concept.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45435
    u just wont need to rip out ur rear seats just access the strut towers from your boot.
    '96 EK4 > '99 EM1 > '06 GD3 > '04 CL9 > '00 DC2R > '99 EM1!

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    yeah dude... as above stated by ECU-MAN & misteR_bilzz.. need the compressors and it is very easy and do-able at home

my only tip would by to SLIGHTLY LOOSEN the nut that connects the shock rod to the mount BEFORE unbolting the mounts off the chassis

Compressing springs is gay in summer.. i'm such a wuss LOL!

[img][/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    and yeah, do it properly... i got lazy with my last set (arms sore lol) and DIDN'T compress the springs enough, pointed it towards my fence and when the mount came off, dented the fence and took my ratchet with it.. and this was an oem spring that was MAYBE 50% compressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by GIPONU View Post
    umm u do know u need a machine/device thing to hold the strut and pull the spring down.. so doing it at home isnt recomended. and u would need special machine/device..
    Shit advice. Its easy as, me, SiReal and 95civic changed 2 cars suspension in 2 nights, removed kings and put stock oems back on one, and put coils in the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme View Post
    umm no not really. its like a spring compressor. its a long threaded screw with two hooks and all you need is a spanner to compress it. You use two of them and changing springs at home is a VERY doable job.

i wish i took some pics when i changed them on my old eg
    yes, good post!
    Quote Originally Posted by zpreme View Post
    it's pretty much a clamp to hold the springs intact. it's a safety issue because the springs will release under pressure. you can use any sort of clamp.
    it's better to use spring compressors.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    and yeah, do it properly... i got lazy with my last set (arms sore lol) and DIDN'T compress the springs enough, pointed it towards my fence and when the mount came off, dented the fence and took my ratchet with it.. and this was an oem spring that was MAYBE 50% compressed
    use a good impact drill, saves you hours, honestly!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 dc2
    thanks guys some good info here, me n my mate think we'll give it a crack. plus ill be savin some buks by not gettin someone else to do it.

if we feel good enough we might take some pics for anyone else.
    Last edited by aydo14; 07-11-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    no problems mate. you might want to take before and after pictures and post them up so someone like yourself gets the opportunity to see what you have done. I didnt take pics with my integra, I should have .l... my bad