Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo

Low km's and lots o' creaking noises...

hey guys, fairly new to the forums so sorry in advance if this in the wrong place etc. and thanks for all the help in advance

now to my problems... please help

i've had my em1 for about 3-4 months now i think, and i don't seem to get anymore than 300 kms out of a tank. i've just had a major service (as its only a lil over 100,000kms) and i use bp ultimate most the time. i used to use shell optimax but it got me less k's then bp.

what could be the reasons why i don't get much k's?

has it got to do with anything like the sussy or 17 inch guard rubbing rims?

my other problem is when i'm turning whether its just slightly or say a u-turn,
    the car makes alot of creaking noises and was told once that it was the body of the car twisting.

would a b pillar bar help? or would i need to get struts or improve the ones already on there?

btw, not sure if this will help in any way but i've got some mods on my car.
    -custom CAI
    -lowered springs (not sure if they are cut) stock suspension i think
    -17 inch rims

i don't know if adding what mods i have will help and that i'm also quite noob.

p.s. i'm using my friends account as i can't access mine...

thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    air filter changes the fuel economy alot, but also depends how you drive your car.

have you check your tyre pressure, a low pressure on one wheel could change your fuel economy too,

i noticed you drive a EJ8 turbo, are you talking about the same car? if you are, turbo cars arent that great on fuel aye..

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    my em1 does 420km on a full tank and has intake and 2.5inch catback...mine is 90 000kms....did u reset ur ecu? might help
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Quote Originally Posted by vteccoupe View Post
    my em1 does 420km on a full tank and has intake and 2.5inch catback...mine is 90 000kms....did u reset ur ecu? might help
    would resetting the ecu really help with the fuel consumption?
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    out of those listed, your custom CAI and wheels would be a good starter to see where the problem is. altho, there might be various other reasons to low fuel efficiency.

simplest things to start wth, if u're able to,

firstly chuck on a set of stockies/steelies, lighter wheels with narrower width will definately give you a better indication on wat the actual milage the car's able to achive. stock tyres for EM1's are 195/55/15.

2ndly, if u have the stock air box that came wth the car, chuck that back on too and see if that makes any difference.

also, do you normally fill up when the fuel light comes on? your fuel tank capacity is 45L , next time u fill up, top it till its full, see how much fuel u're able to fill in after the lights come on. if u've done ~300kms and lights comes on, and u're only able to get 35L of fuel into the tank, there's still 10L left in the tank when lights come on. just an indicator that u're able to travel quite abit more before refill.

Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    would resetting the ecu really help with the fuel consumption?
    immediately , yes. The ECU will actually make your car run richer as it relearns its maps so dont do this. Just run the same kind of fuel for 2 or 3 tanks and you will get the best fuel economy you can.