Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic

West Coast Custom By Orion Audio

wasnt sure where to post this but this looked like the place...

just wondering before i go buy this shit...has anyone heard these west coast customs sound system speakers n subbies...i kno they are by orion which according to the guy at autobarn in chadstone said they were at the same level as JL Audio ETC

has anyone heard these before because i wana know if the sound qualtiy is good and if the sub is decent for R&B cuz thats mostly what gets pumped outta my system deep deep bass....im just starting a custom install and i want to do a theme and i love WCC so if its good im gona do it??

WTB: DRAGONBALL Z DVD'S (USED)

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    To me they seem very basic in design and performance. Wouldn't put them in the same class as JL Audio. I think from memory they are cool looking but entry level stuff from Orion.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    the guy did say that but then again

he compared entry level orion was the same as pioneer, kenwood, and in sum cases clarion maybe Orion audio is good as jl audio but wcc may just be the equivelant of pioneer ETC

its entry level orion- plain and simple.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    all they are is a very entry level sound system. i would put them up against us audio. if you want to put a cheap system together thets the way to go.

but for wht you pay they aren't toooooo bad, but for a little bit money you can get much better.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    hi mate im an ex autobarn employee and the wcc stuff is most definatly entry level. The digital monoblock's arnt bad but to be honest the splits and axials/coaxials are pretty poor. Fairly pricey to from memory, you can certainly get more "bang for your buck" in other brands

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    when i was working there i took a close look at the coaxial speakers orion were putting out and the diagphams and spiders and the magnets were exactly the same as jaycars coaxials!! i couldnt believe it

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    yes, unfortunately in this cruel cruel world, people are forced to pay for the brand rather than the performance.

Jaycar products are very...very....good quality for a reasonable price.

but it depends if ur going for that WCC look or are u wanting quality? I would go something like Jaycar

but if ur going for brand and also quality, i would go for Alpine Type R or even the Type X
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    yeh well i wanted to go for the WCC look...but i also wanted performance...

damn ppl will try to sell you anything these days

be good if someone just gave u a straight answer from these damn shops...lol

thank fully theres ppl like u guys lol

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Yeah the WCC stuff is pretty basic. I wouldn't consider putting them in the same range as JL Audio.

Ask the dude at Autobahn for some proper info on them, if he can give it to you.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_vtec View Post
    damn ppl will try to sell you anything these days

be good if someone just gave u a straight answer from these damn shops...lol

thank fully theres ppl like u guys lol
    mate, that's what sales ppl do...try to sell ice-blocks to eskimos....but its a good thing not all eskimos are dumbshites. seriously, u cant expect that salesman to say that what he's selling is crap? he'd be out of d job! lolz...

that's y its always good to ask questions (like what u did) and do research b4 buying stuff....especially if "stuff" cost hundreds of ur hard-earned dollars.

btw, best way to go about it is to find out what speakers u wanna buy and maybe post another thread in here asking ppl's opinions. make sure to include the brand names, output power, price, all other bits and pieces that will give ppl enough to choose which one they prefer. and then u can decide on what to get. maybe even include photos of speakers (which u can easily get from the net...ebay.com.au, or maybe ryda.com.au or even thru the manufacturer's site)

good luck with ur purchase.........
    Last edited by Joeyboy; 01-11-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

or better yet, what type of setup are you going for mate.

couple of things i need to know

1. budget, cant go any furhter without this
    2. what type of setup are you going for, when you say theme, this can mean a number or things... one brand? one type? (SPL or loud as you can go, or SQ sound quality) this can totally alter your budget and what you can do
    3. do you have any other parts to the system yet?? (subwoofer, custom headunit) that may sound like a stupid question but if you have wires layed i can save you alot so you can spend more on da BASSSSS :P also if you already have a subwoofer, you dont want to go buying an amp that will blow it to peices or vice versa