Thread: Which tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Vti-T 6psi

Which tyres?

Hey i know there is a thread on this (how to choose the best tyre) but i couldnt remember where to find it so i thought id post a new one. i want to get a set of new tyres in the near future, i want something as close to semi slicks as i can get, but for a daily driver (i dont want semi's as they'll wear out in like 3 months). any opinions? i want to spend around $600 - $1000 on them so any advive would be much appreciated. cheers

edit: to fit 15x7.5's

Quote Originally Posted by nick_sixx View Post
    Hey i know there is a thread on this (how to choose the best tyre) but i couldnt remember where to find it so i thought id post a new one. i want to get a set of new tyres in the near future, i want something as close to semi slicks as i can get, but for a daily driver (i dont want semi's as they'll wear out in like 3 months). any opinions? i want to spend around $600 - $1000 on them so any advive would be much appreciated. cheers

edit: to fit 15x7.5's
    Something close to a semi...I've heard good things about the Federal 595RS.
    Maybe you can trial it and post a review here?
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Vti-T 6psi
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    Something close to a semi...I've heard good things about the Federal 595RS.
    Maybe you can trial it and post a review here?
    just from looking at the website i can see that that tyre would be pretty good...but it says its a semi, and i want my tyres to last at least 20 000kms. the tyres i have at the moment are pretty good - dunlop fm901's, but theyre getting pretty low on the old traction, so any more advice would be good?

Quote Originally Posted by nick_sixx View Post
    just from looking at the website i can see that that tyre would be pretty good...but it says its a semi, and i want my tyres to last at least 20 000kms. the tyres i have at the moment are pretty good - dunlop fm901's, but theyre getting pretty low on the old traction, so any more advice would be good?
    Yeah, they've classified it as a semi slick because it looks like one, but I'm pretty sure its not an R Compound.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 Vti-T 6psi
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    Yeah, they've classified it as a semi slick because it looks like one, but I'm pretty sure its not an R Compound.
    ok ill try and find somewhere that has them. ill be sure to write a review on them if i get them!

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    maxxis ma-v1 are a street radial tyre that should fit. grip is pretty good, i'd say close to adrenalins, and they should last a decent while. but for cornering response, adrenalins are a little better.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.